First tool you'd buy if you won the lottery?

Stercorarius

I would probably put $5,000,000 as side for fun money when I went to home depot, cruizing around the tools I'd see someone looking at a tool and at random just walk up and ask you thinking of buying that? and if they said something like " I wish" I'd say it's your lucky day and buy the whole line up for the guy and walk away.......

with 5mil you could make around $200,000 in interest so you could do that many times in a year and still have your 5 mil

• Like 1

think of it this way, you want to go to say home depot to buy a tool, you want a drill.........but when you get there a guy says it's your lucky day you can pick any one tool ............how long do you think it would take to pick? same will go if you win life changing money where everything you can think of buying is in your wheel house now as easy as get me one  of those.......

• 3 weeks later...

First I'd stop by the Ford dealer and get a new Super Duty, then I'd drive to Woodcraft and get all the Festool stuff I might think I would use, plus the Systainer edition Fein Multimaster. Then go looking for a big piece of property.

Luckily, I don't fit in Corvettes, GT40s, Ferraris, or Jaguars. I might try to get a 911 Turbo modified to where I can fit my legs in....

• 2 months later...

I'd get a Mercedes Vito full options for the rainy days, and a pimped Ford Raptor F150 for the sunny days.

Ah yes, and since there will be several millions left, I wouldn't say know to a supersized shop with a built in garage (for the Vito, the Raptor and their possible brothers and sisters ;D ).

And while there are (still) millions left, a nice and friendly visit to buy one or two things from FELDER and a kickass 5-axis CNC milling machine with a super knowledgable guy to operate it.

I thought this over yesterday.  I can't think of anything I would run out and buy.  I have most everything I need.  

Now I'm trying to figure out what that means.  Are my expectations low or am I living a fulfilled life?  Either way, tools would not be on my list.

The other day, one of my competitors stopped by the jobsite.  Competitor yes, but friend also.  He was talking about how he would have to finish his current job, if he won the lottery.  I just laughed.  I said, I wouldn't finish anything.   I would hire him to finish my jobs.

Unrelated to tools.  The one thing I would buy is a double wide.  I've had my eye on one with 40 acres.  $300,000 is just a little steep for me.  Then make sure my friends and family were set up.

• Like 2