Projects going on?

Well it also helps if you set the forum to have new accounts authorized by a moderator before they are allowed to post. It's annoying for new members but on lower activity forums spammers love to go after them.

Well it also helps if you set the forum to have new accounts authorized by a moderator before they are allowed to post. It's annoying for new members but on lower activity forums spammers love to go after them.

We tried that for awhile, but it was really hard to keep up with.

We tried that for awhile, but it was really hard to keep up with.

Yea it's one of those idea's that's great in theory, but it just turns people off from using the forum. I just think spammers should be forced to do manual labor with the worst tools for the job. Like some horrible tool from harbor freight.

• Like 1

Does anyone shop there or is it that bad nobody dares? LOL   :)

It's not a horrible store for some things it's really for set up for back yard mechanics and diy type people not all the tools are bad some are pretty hard too fuck up like their jacks and jack stands and rolling tool boxes are known as decent quality for the price. They are also not a bad place for consumables either I really never go because there isn't one that's in my general area compared to other stores.

DR99: It always blows my mind how many people register on the forum and never post. I've seen days where 30 people sign up, and not a single one ever makes the first post.

Wayne: Harbor Freight does serve a purpose. It's great for building up a stock of consumables and things you don't need often. Odd hardware assortments, grinding discs, cutoff wheels, air hose/line fittings, or anything else you want to have on hand, but don't need often enough to justify a top quality equivalent. For example, about 5 years ago I got a big package of grinder discs and a pack of cut off wheels on sale for like $5 each. I don't do welding or metalwork very often and when I do it's always something simple. That being the case, I had wheels in stock for several years for a mere $10. There are things HF does well. As mentioned, they're roller boxes, floor jacks, and jack stands are a fantastic value and are better quality than some higher priced competitors, but most of the hand tools and all of the power tools are total crap.

I wonder if some of the people that never post are marketing people for tool companies. I know people like to lurk but you wonder why they are doing it this is not a forum that's full of mean people playing video games. I guess we like Milwaukee tools a little too much for some people.