Dewalt 20v Hedge Trimmer

JoshH8664

Just read this in an email i got, cant remember where it came from.  I have the 40V String trimmer and love it, but couldnt really justify the cost for the hedge trimmer for how often i would use it, now a 20v hedge trimmer with a 5.0ah battery....that i can get behind.  Cant really find much info on it yet.

-Goat

• Like 1

Just read this in an email i got, cant remember where it came from. I have the 40V String trimmer and love it, but couldnt really justify the cost for the hedge trimmer for how often i would use it, now a 20v hedge trimmer with a 5.0ah battery....that i can get behind. Cant really find much info on it yet.

-Goat

I see the DCHT820b listed on the Home Depot web site. $129.00 I guess it's not released yet. Soon, March. The kit is DCHT8201 $199.00 with the 5.0 battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be a tough call for me. I will have to really hold it in the store and look at the blade design.

The new Ryobi One+ hedge trimmer was just released, should be in your HD now, and it is very well designed. The specs (cut capacity/blade length) are identical as this new DeWalt. The Ryobi has a couple things on the DeWalt: The incorporated hedge sweep to help remove clippings and an ingenious rotating handle that I can definitely see as a fantastic benefit when reaching in odd positions or for extended use to change the grip up. Price for the Ryobi is $129 for the kit with charger and compact battery ($69 for bare tool). I already have some 4ah batteries I use with my flood light and fan.

RYO5133002161.jpg?Size=1600

• Like 1

This is going to be a tough call for me. I will have to really hold it in the store and look at the blade design.

The new Ryobi One+ hedge trimmer was just released, should be in your HD now, and it is very well designed. The specs (cut capacity/blade length) are identical as this new DeWalt. The Ryobi has a couple things on the DeWalt: The incorporated hedge sweep to help remove clippings and an ingenious rotating handle that I can definitely see as a fantastic benefit when reaching in odd positions or for extended use to change the grip up. Price for the Ryobi is $129 for the kit with charger and compact battery ($69 for bare tool). I already have some 4ah batteries I use with my flood light and fan.

RYO5133002161.jpg?Size=1600

They new Ryobi hedge trimmer looks much nicer than the old one. Plus $69 is cheaper than the Dewalt. The only reason to buy the Dewalt 20v is if your in the platform already

• Like 1

Id totally get one of those Ryobi trimmers if I didnt already have a nice Stihl. My Stihl is not cordless thou so I may have to go look. The perimeter of our front yard has a wall of hedges. Breaking out my extension cord isnt a big deal to me but i trip over the stupid thing often enough to justiify. Althoou the wife would probably get pissed at me lol.20160113_085445_zpsok5z5asd.jpg

• Like 2

Just an FYI. The new Ryobi is not yet available for purchase as a bare tool although it is listed.

Also, Ryobi just released a new updated version of their ONE+ chainsaw and it is fantastic.

Yeah ive seen that newer 10" chainsaw,i actually have it on my list be awesome to take camping and some stuff around the house. I usually use a pruning blade on my recip.  I have yet to get any Ryobi stuff,but man some of their improvements seem nice and also easy on the pocket book.

Id totally get one of those Ryobi trimmers if I didnt already have a nice Stihl. My Stihl is not cordless thou so I may have to go look. The perimeter of our front yard has a wall of hedges. Breaking out my extension cord isnt a big deal to me but i trip over the stupid thing often enough to justiify. Althoou the wife would probably get pissed at me lol.20160113_085445_zpsok5z5asd.jpg

you could always sell you stihl to buy whichever one you like

::ducks::

lol

• Like 1

I wouldn't doubt we see a 20v Brushless chainsaw from Dewalt in the future. The one thing I don't know is if they will do a lawn mower.

. Jason I just ended up ordering the 20v weed wacker so if they come out with lawnmower that would be a awesome addition to the line!
  • Like 1

I looked at the EGO last year,Wasnt sure it was my thing at the time,besides my Honda was cheaper on sale.   Id love to know howthe Dewalt trimmer works for you MikeZ,i have a black and decker one,but im not a fan of the design.

I looked at the EGO last year,Wasnt sure it was my thing at the time,besides my Honda was cheaper on sale. Id love to know howthe Dewalt trimmer works for you MikeZ,i have a black and decker one,but im not a fan of the design.

it's a nice machine bro I'm likeing it so far I used today for maybe 20 min or so and it does very well

• 4 weeks later...