Dewalt 20v Hedge Trimmer

JoshH8664

We absolutely need to buy a new mower in spring, has our current one died last fall.  I just wish the battery powered mowers were self propelled, however we are 98% sure we are buying battery powered mower in spring.

See at this moment don't you wish DeWalt had one available?

• Like 1

Im curious how well a battery mower would really be,im assuming it will be awesome if you live somewhere it doesnt rain or snow alot and you can mow often to keep it short. I know when my backyard gets moderately tall it bogs down my Honda no problem. taller drier grass isnt an issue ever.  The last few weeks we've had 70°+ temps during the afternoon so ive been able to get it looking pretty decent.  Supposed to get thunderstorms tonight.

I usually try to keep it decently short,backyard points to the east so it gets sun mostly all day,out front on the west side of house we have a huge sycamore tree so its almost always shaded when the leaves come back. We also have a decent size apricot tree which has been blooming for a couple weeks already.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2016 at 8:52 AM, Fazzman said:

Id totally get one of those Ryobi trimmers if I didnt already have a nice Stihl. My Stihl is not cordless thou so I may have to go look. The perimeter of our front yard has a wall of hedges. Breaking out my extension cord isnt a big deal to me but i trip over the stupid thing often enough to justiify. Althoou the wife would probably get pissed at me lol.20160113_085445_zpsok5z5asd.jpg

Especially since Stihl cordless OPE costs a fortune.

On 2/21/2016 at 4:24 PM, WigWagWorkshop said:

We absolutely need to buy a new mower in spring, has our current one died last fall.  I just wish the battery powered mowers were self propelled, however we are 98% sure we are buying battery powered mower in spring.

I believe the Ego one is self propelled. To be frank though, most cordless mowers are pretty light so self propulsion is not considered a high priority feature by most manufacturers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cheng Liu said:

I believe the Ego one is self propelled. To be frank though, most cordless mowers are pretty light so self propulsion is not considered a high priority feature by most manufacturers.

I think they have 3 models.... maybe ones a budget one

• 1 month later...

@nordraw I have an ego blower and love it. I did actually get the 20v Dewalt hedge trimmer and it is an awesome machine. Absolutely beautiful, does a great job and goes thicker than my 16 year old B&D electric one ever did. I'm sure you'll like the ego but I have to tell you first hand if your embroiled in the 2@v line I would not hesitate for one second going with the dewalt!

• Like 1