Recomend a Good Knife

wayneburgess

Mora is partnered up with a different Frost. I believe they spell it Frosts followed by some Scandinavian gibberish. Mora are very good knives but they are purpose built. They are very popular among certain circles and they are quality pieces. However, they are made to use and abuse and get a new one when they're spent whereas German eye's, Case's, and stuff like that are made to carry around for ages. They're nice knives for their purpose. They're great in a tackle box or backpack, but they're not the kind of knives you're going to pass along to you grandkids. Frost Cutlery owns their namesake brand, Uncle Lucky, Steel Warrior, German Bull, and Hen & Rooster. If Jim Frost owns it rest assured every possible corner as been cut to bring you the biggest piece of shit possible. I understand they're now producing H&R and German Bull's in Solingen and shipping them off to China for assembly. Any way Frost can ruin a good knife he will, but I do not believe he is affiliated with Mora of Sweeden. :)

Mora is partnered up with a different Frost. I believe they spell it Frosts followed by some Scandinavian gibberish. Mora are very good knives but they are purpose built. They are very popular among certain circles and they are quality pieces. However, they are made to use and abuse and get a new one when they're spent whereas German eye's, Case's, and stuff like that are made to carry around for ages. They're nice knives for their purpose. They're great in a tackle box or backpack, but they're not the kind of knives you're going to pass along to you grandkids. Frost Cutlery owns their namesake brand, Uncle Lucky, Steel Warrior, German Bull, and Hen & Rooster. If Jim Frost owns it rest assured every possible corner as been cut to bring you the biggest piece of shit possible. I understand they're now producing H&R and German Bull's in Solingen and shipping them off to China for assembly. Any way Frost can ruin a good knife he will, but I do not believe he is affiliated with Mora of Sweeden. :)

The Mora army knife is a good investment at only $20. Another really neat affordable knife is the Opinel.

Frost also does a lot of specialty lines like the ones they put out bearing the names of these outdoor TV hosts and stuff. Frost is also a favorite brand of home shopping shows where you can get 100 knives for the "unbelievable, next 10 minutes only, once in a lifetime, never gonna happen again, you're a fool if you don't buy it, my blood pressure is shooting up 200 points just talking about it" price of $149.99! Junk! that's all they are is junk! Even for Chinese knives they are the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality for the most part. It's hard to respect a company that approaches quality the way Hitler approached the Jews.

Excellent information posted, thank you!

I received the two Mora knives and holy crap do they have an edge. I can just touch a plastic grocery bag or piece of paper and it slits right through it. For $7 and being something that's just going to be stowed away until there's an emergency, I'm really happy with them. I may just buy a couple more to keep with my tools, on the truck, etc.

I believe the Bear Gryils knives are being made by Gerber. Gerber typically makes descent stuff, not top notch but a hell of a lot better than anything Frost makes.

Mora is a very good knife for what you plan on using it for.At under $10 you won't shed too many tears if you drop it in the lake or snap it in two prying something open. Keep us posted on how it works out for you..

What do you guys think of the Bear Grills survival Knives?

Just a random question. :)

From what I've seen of them, it is just a cheap knife with a fancy name attached. I think you could find a better way to spend your money. As someone who has a fair bit of wilderness experience, the lack of any consideration for carrying water in his survival kits, is something I find quite disturbing. I sure hope no one actually has to rely on one in a real survival situation.