My adventures with EGO customer support

I bought an EGO hedge trimmer back in November 2014 when they first came out in Australia, thanks mainly to the positivity towards the products on Tools In Action.

I loved the hedge trimmer and used it extensively on my property, and considered buying more EGO tools. However, after a few months the unit started acting up, with it cutting out randomly. I contacted support and they organised for the unit to be dropped off at a repairer, however the repairer could not diagnose the issue. I took the unit back home and continued using it, but now it began to excessively vibrate - not fun. I contacted support again and they asked me to take the unit to another repairer, 40 mins drive from my house - not happy about that. This was six weeks ago now, and the unit is STILL there, and they still cannot diagnose the issue. Useless.

How did I fix this? I complained to their Facebook page, and lo and behold, I got a call from a senior exec that day, with him apologising profusely and offering a full replacement of the trimmer, as well as a rapid charger thrown in. Wow!

Well, the replacement arrived today, and what can I say! A brand new hedge trimmer, a rapid charger, a standard charger and two 2.0Ah batteries thrown in, as well as three EGO baseball caps and three EGO beanies. They really went above and beyond trying to help me out.

These guys may not have impressed me initially with their customer support, but they tried very hard to make things right. So, thank you EGO for your help and I am once again excited about this pioneering brand.

Can't wait to clean up my hedges again - they're looking a little scrappy after six weeks of not having the trimmer haha.

Alex.

• Like 5

Good to hear they fixed the issue. Also, glad you reached out to them outside of calling the repair company. Our shop does warranty repair work, when we can't get parts customers call us after waiting a week or two and we can't do anything. We can call the company a hundred times but they really don't care about anything we have to say, they care when the customer calls them or brings it to their attention elsewhere.

It's sad that publicly shaming a company is the only way u get good customer service though. I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

This is a big issue, but highlights the positives of social media! Yes, they should have done the right thing in the first place (fixed the unit) but when that didn't work out, Facebook came to the rescue and my issue was resolved very very quickly.

• Like 1

Sad state of affairs. See it all the time. Someone calls the local TV troubleshooter and a problem gets solved overnight that a company has refused to fix for months or years. Oh well, glad they took care of you. Joh:3:19: And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Sad state of affairs. See it all the time. Someone calls the local TV troubleshooter and a problem gets solved overnight that a company has refused to fix for months or years. Oh well, glad they took care of you. Joh:3:19: And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Two things have happened in this world apathy from people. The big thing though is people are so freaking scared to keep their job. They don't want spend money to fix problems anymore. If you read teach support forums if an agent is on the phone too long they get penalized and possibly fired if your not off the phone in a certain time. They don't even care if you solve the problem either. We have been taken over by ivy league MBA's that only care about stat's  not customer support and doing the right thing.

That reminds me, the Ego 12" weed eater has been marked down at HD at some stores to as low as $35! At my HD last I checked it was $90. If you're interested, go to the computer in the front by customer service, click on the price check app and type in "Ego" and you'll see the price and inventory at that store.

Glad to see it worked out for you!

Thanks, I'm very glad too.

Glad to hear that since I just bought their Trimmer last week on sale at Home Depot.

I'm sure they do a better job at customer service in the USA anyway. Us Aussies have a tendency of being screwed over by big companies.

That reminds me, the Ego 12" weed eater has been marked down at HD at some stores to as low as $35! At my HD last I checked it was $90. If you're interested, go to the computer in the front by customer service, click on the price check app and type in "Ego" and you'll see the price and inventory at that store.

Wow that's an amazing price!