Apparently Milwaukee has pliers

KnarlyCarl

I've heard some people complain about the pliers strength and flex in the handles...but there are a lot of tool people that complain about anything not Knipex, Snap-on or the like and don't take in account price. I personally think they feel pretty nice, though I do feel the handles flex a little more than I like it probably doesn't effect anything.

• Like 1

I have a couple Milwaukee pliers and haven't had any handle flex problems, but the metal is definitely soft and the teeth on their pliers flatten quite fast.  I'm not sure if this is still a problem with newer ones because after a couple pairs of pliers ended up useless without teeth I gave up.  It's unfortunate because they have some designs I like but there's not point if the pliers can't grip.

It's hard to buy Chinese-made pliers when you can get USA-made Channellock pliers for the same price, Tekton USA-made for cheaper. Also a few Taiwan-made pliers for about the same price. I've found Chinese steel to be soft in a lot of cases, good in some cases, Gearwrench comes to mind for good quality Chinese hand tools...though I wish more was still made in Taiwan, it had better finishing. 

• Like 2

I tried the 6-in-1s and took them back within a week. There's a pinch point at the top of the handle where the lock is, they couldn't cut a 12/2 Romex in a single cut (the cutter is too short) and the clip didn't hold them closed in my pocket. Truly the worst design I've ever seen. 

I don't tell people to buy from one or the other brand, but I do try to convince people to buy a tool from a company that makes that tool, whether it's a pair of pliers, a screwdriver, a multimeter or a power tool. Once you get into tools made by one company and branded by another, you're likely to run into problems.

• 2 months later...

Deciding against starting a new posting, I thought I should put in about their new wrenches, too, being fairly certain I'll buy at least one of their new cheater wrenches 

48-22-7314 Cheater pipe wrench, ships April first.

Also available in April and June are aluminum and steel pipe wrenches

Or those engineer pliers.  I hear they can rip a screw to shreds without even using the cutters.

I had friend use some knipex cable cutters to cut sheet metal and they still work like new.  Knipex makes some good pliers.

I made the mistake of using my engineer pliers to remove a bit from a chuck... Not the greatest idea, ripped that bit to shreds

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1