DCF 887 and Ridgid Stealth Force in action

JimboS1ice

Quick little video on the new Dewalt impact and ridgid impulse driver. Put both of them to note the difference in motor types and sound. The Dewalt is your typical hammer anvil style where the ridgid is an oil impulse motor, less impacts but more power per impact. The ridgid has lower rpms as well but supposed to drill faster, the Dewalt seems to go faster.

We were not racing the two just messing around, the wife likes playing with tools sometimes so she's at the helm of the ridgid for the first video and I am with the Dewalt. Sorry I stripped the last screw with the Dewalt, 1 handed isn't always the best lol.

Sorry no narration today watching the hawks game!

https://vimeo.com/151974225

Biggest complaint on the ridgid is the large amount of feedback. Especially lower rpm the feedback of the impacts (pulses) is rather uncomfortable as I show you guys below.

https://vimeo.com/151974337

I really like the ridgid because it is very quiet but the feedback is insane. Enjoy!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

They each have their merits. You see why they call it stealth. So quit. If I was working at night and did not want to wake the family then it's great. And the dcf887. Is built for speed and power. And it has that in spades. Good video Jimbo.

They each have their merits. You see why they call it stealth. So quit. If I was working at night and did not want to wake the family then it's great. And the dcf887. Is built for speed and power. And it has that in spades. Good video Jimbo.

Yea the RIDGID is nice but it's pretty heavy and pair it with the feedback isn't very comfortable.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yea the RIDGID is nice but it's pretty heavy and pair it with the feedback isn't very comfortable.

Jimbo

Agree big time. I think when people use it (the stealth) they might change their mind about it. Of course no one will ever say it was a bad choice, unless they run TIA lol.

Well I have to say it's nice innovation, but if I wanted to be quiet with running screws for something, I would use a regular drill. It's what I always used to use before impacts came along mainstream. Now I love impacts because of reduced feedback, more control, lighter tool, easy operation. I just don't think it's worth it looking it over real carefully. Certainly appreciate the video, though, helps me come to my own conclusion and my own opinion. But you know what they say, opinions aren't worth anything, that's why we give them out for free.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I have to say it's nice innovation, but if I wanted to be quiet with running screws for something, I would use a regular drill. It's what I always used to use before impacts came along mainstream. Now I love impacts because of reduced feedback, more control, lighter tool, easy operation. I just don't think it's worth it looking it over real carefully. Certainly appreciate the video, though, helps me come to my own conclusion and my own opinion. But you know what they say, opinions aren't worth anything, that's why we give them out for free.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yea it was a disappointment to me to have that type of reaction under the lower rpms, big down fall for sure.

Jimbo

I'm going to try some lags to see the reaction with it, great power though.

Mike I have my not so favorite dewalt flex torq.

Jimbo

that sucks man I was hoping those were gonna be really durable impact bits from Dewalt... I've been. Using and really likeing the Makita gold bits a lot.

that sucks man I was hoping those were gonna be really durable impact bits from Dewalt... I've been. Using and really likeing the Makita gold bits a lot.

They are pretty durable but they don't have the best fit, remind me of a better version of shockwaves, dewalt max fits are the bits i reach for the most.

Jimbo

The Makita doesn't have that feedback.  But it's alot more expensive I think? 

Alot smaller and lighter tho

Yeah the makita is $180 for a bare tool, almost the price of the ridgid with two slim batteries.

Have you used both?  I'm curious about whether one is significantly quieter than the other.

I use my impact for drilling with spade bits a decent bit and it seems like these would do that more effectively than a standard impact driver since each impact has more energy and less torque.

Yeah the makita is $180 for a bare tool, almost the price of the ridgid with two slim batteries.

Have you used both? I'm curious about whether one is significantly quieter than the other.

I use my impact for drilling with spade bits a decent bit and it seems like these would do that more effectively than a standard impact driver since each impact has more energy and less torque.

Next time I have a chance I'll drill some spades with it and post a video, can't attest for the Makita though.

Jimbo

Thanks for the videos Jimbo....I was really close to pulling the trigger on that Ridgid.  That kind of feedback from an impact driver just won't cut it for me.  I have the GEN5X 18V brushed Ridgid impact driver and it's a great tool.  Hopefully the next impulse driver version from them will be better.

I'll save my money until then!