DCF 887 and Ridgid Stealth Force in action

JimboS1ice

The Makita doesn't have that feedback.  But it's alot more expensive I think? 

Alot smaller and lighter tho

Well I think the Makita from what I understand is much less powerful and torquey but these things are pretty much specialty items right now for when you want quiet drivers more than all out performance. That being said these are new product types competing aginst impact drivers that have had a decade plus of development, give them some time. If the market is there for these things they should get better and better.

• Like 1

Well I think the Makita from what I understand is much less powerful and torquey but these things are pretty much specialty items right now for when you want quiet drivers more than all out performance. That being said these are new product types competing aginst impact drivers that have had a decade plus of development, give them some time. If the market is there for these things they should get better and better.

Actually I've seen some comparisons showing the makita impulse driver putting in deck screws and lags faster than their (silent) flagship xdt09 which in turn seems to beat the fuel gen2.  Driving in wood is more about the impact energy than torque.

I've also seen some pictures of older makita impulse drivers that just had limited availability.  They seem to have the same feedback issue of the ridgid driver, so I'm guessing the new release was because they found a way around that.

Yeah the makita is $180 for a bare tool, almost the price of the ridgid with two slim batteries.

Have you used both? I'm curious about whether one is significantly quieter than the other

No i havent sorry :) ridgid doesnt exist in belgium :) i can make you a movie on the Makita on low speed if you want to see it :)

The Makita actually is quite strong :) in the specifications it only had 40 newtons of torque. But in real life it does pretty much everything a normal impact does :) i can not explain why this measily 40 newtons in the specs produce the power of the oil impulse driver. Pretty strange :)

I tried the Makita impulsen driver again today. There is also quite some feedback at low rpm's. Not as bad as the ridgid is seems from the video but more then the normal impact drivers.

Power is high tho. It really rips :)

Yea full speed it's not bad until you get down into the lower speeds.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody recognize the other brand?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thought about it but hard to tell, I'm sure it's an older lower end model on a lower speed otherwise they shouldn't have painted it all silver. If your going to brag your tools better then don't hide what your comparing it to, I like ridgid but I hate advertisements like that.

Jimbo

• Like 1

Wow they really challenged it to kobalt PPPFFFFF!!! Lol I'm not knocking ridgid brand but they could've at least fought it with a PC or hitachi at least

Exactly my thought, get something closer to its capabilities jeez what a joke.

I'll say it again, if I need to drive in screws quietly, I'll use a drill, but sometimes even then they squeal like a mad pig

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty cold read Carl, I know that ridgid has more than the Makita on torque, that's next to nothing in torque, I would say the ridgid has to be some where in the 1200-1400 inch pound range

Jimbo

Good lord thats a lot of vibration, how are you supposed to keep the driver on the bit when its doing that? I am not a fan of Rigid tools based on all the vids I have seen of yours on them man. Good demonstrational video, and your pieces of wood are better then my ceder scrap lol.

That's why it sits at home well papa Dewalt goes to work and uncle Milwaukee schools his ass

Jimbo

• Like 2