M18CCS66 Circ saw Warranty

gsxr_1983

Anyone had issues with the fence tightening screw?  Less than a year old and halfway through the day I go to tighten it to find its just spinning  :(   Looked closer at it and seen theres no replacement nut or anything thats removable, its just the base and the base is riveted to the rest of the body ....

Thinking oh well its under warranty I'll just have to sort something else out to keep me going I got on with it.

I then take it to my local Milwaukee warranty repair shop who tell me this prob wont be covered by warranty because its something I could of done !!!   They will find out and let me know as soon as possible ... 

Anyone else had this happen to them?  Wondered if cold conditions had made the thread brittle or something?

Have to say I was really pleased with the saw up until now and that does look quite a worrying flaw in the design especially if its not covered under warranty.  To say I was annoyed at the suggestion it was my fault would be an understatement too as I'm careful with my tools at work, use them daily, never over tighten anything especially stuff like that which can also damage the fences.  Have owned Bosch and Panasonic circular saws for years and never had anything like that happen, they just died old old age.  I changed all my tools to Milwaukee because they have a great reputation for build quality and feel comfortable to use but I'm not paying to have that repaired myself.

That sounds like a load of crap gsxr. I'm not a Milwaukee guy but when I've done warranty returns I call the number, get the return postage paid and ship it out. Milwaukee is great in that department. I'd bypass the warranty center and see if you can go to Milwaukee directly.

The slide tightening screw broke off inside of the threads on my Milwaukee miter saw. I obviously didn't want to send that beast back, so I took it to a local repair shop. They got the stub out and replaced the screw, but charged me for the work and the part because they said that they couldn't figure out how to charge it as a warranty repair. My guess is that user adjustable parts, like set screws and fence screws, might not qualify for warranty because there's no way to tell if it failed because the user tightened it too much. Personally, I think that's crap, but it was only a $30 fix with labor, so I didn't feel like arguing the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of warranty shops they always seem to be looking for a way to make money. Just go through Milwaukee direct its easier and less of a hassle you probably will get the tool back quicker than through a service center anyways.

yes warranty centers are a joke for the most part tools or other products, had a problem with a 4 month old LED 60" TV guy actually told me at the service center that I might be leaving it on to long and I would be better off just paying for the service because the company won't cover it? I asked for the toll free number right in his shop for the factory warranty called them right in front of them and it was covered filled out paper work and 3 weeks later a TV was delivered to my door not the repaired one a brand new one........some times I think they hire people tell them if it looks dirty that will go under abuse.....not covered.....so your warranty is based on a 18 year old that didn't want to work saturday morning and could care less if you get a proper warranty solution.......

• Like 1

yes warranty centers are a joke for the most part tools or other products, had a problem with a 4 month old LED 60" TV guy actually told me at the service center that I might be leaving it on to long and I would be better off just paying for the service because the company won't cover it? I asked for the toll free number right in his shop for the factory warranty called them right in front of them and it was covered filled out paper work and 3 weeks later a TV was delivered to my door not the repaired one a brand new one........some times I think they hire people tell them if it looks dirty that will go under abuse.....not covered.....so your warranty is based on a 18 year old that didn't want to work saturday morning and could care less if you get a proper warranty solution.......

I think its not wanting to do their job as much as they make more money selling the repair than warranty work. It's sad but a lot of people fall victim to dishonest shops.

For a lot of manufacturers, the markup is high enough they still make money after replacing your warranty claim with a new one, and that becomes very profitable if it encourages someone else or you to buy the product again.  It's like those buy one donate one companies where people think the company is effectively donating the dollar equivalent when they're actually just donating a product that costs a quarter of that when they have overstock of something.

Warranty centers on the other hand I think fix products at a loss because of labor on warranty claims.  Their biggest source of income is ripping people off by claiming something isn't covered.

• Like 1

For a lot of manufacturers, the markup is high enough they still make money after replacing your warranty claim with a new one, and that becomes very profitable if it encourages someone else or you to buy the product again.  It's like those buy one donate one companies where people think the company is effectively donating the dollar equivalent when they're actually just donating a product that costs a quarter of that when they have overstock of something.

Warranty centers on the other hand I think fix products at a loss because of labor on warranty claims.  Their biggest source of income is ripping people off by claiming something isn't covered.

Car repairs guys hate warranty work because they make a lot less that a normal job. Most tech's are not paid hourly now but a flat rate bases on the job so their incentive is to get it done as fast as possible.