Light recommendation?

Stercorarius

Anybody have any experience with the DCL050 and/or Milwaukee 2362-20? Any thoughts. If no one convinces me one or the other is better I'm going to be inclined to buy both. I'm what you could call substantially invested in both platforms. I've used the 18v version of the Milwaukee and I gotta say that apart from the shoddy construction it was one of the best I've used. I get that I'm comparing apples to oranges here, two different styles of lights, but I'm just curious if anyone gets a lot of use out of either.

Anybody have any experience with the DCL050 and/or Milwaukee 2362-20? Any thoughts. If no one convinces me one or the other is better I'm going to be inclined to buy both. I'm what you could call substantially invested in both platforms. I've used the 18v version of the Milwaukee and I gotta say that apart from the shoddy construction it was one of the best I've used. I get that I'm comparing apples to oranges here, two different styles of lights, but I'm just curious if anyone gets a lot of use out of either.

I have the 18v version of lantern from Milwaukee the 2363-20, and love it. It is by my side when the weather is bad. And working in the dark. As for the Dewalt, on my list to get. That and the Milwaukee 18v version 2352-20.

• Like 1

Yeah I have the M18 lantern and it is nice, also an added bonus on both the Milwaukee lanterns is they have a USB charging port on them which makes them fantastic power-sources for your phone in a pinch. The stick lights and lanterns are kinda different use scenarios though. The lanterns are much better at lighting up a large area or a whole small room when set to 360˚ mode. A stick light is better for saturating a small work area of specific interest. I also have the Milwaukee LED stick light and love it. The Dewalt stick is supposed to be pretty good but Milwaukee's color rendition on their LED lights is second to none. They give a really nice light coloration that doesn't look too artificial, not that blue headache inducing color most LED's give off. Also it makes working under the light easier as it makes things look more true to their natural color. I might sound like Milwaukee's marketing department boasting about their TRUEVIEW™ tech but I'm a long time Reef tank keeper who's bought thousands of $$$ in state of the art lighting for my tanks and a bit of an LED snob so I care about such things.
post-50770-0-69972900-1453062339_thumb.j

• Like 1

I hVe the Dewalt, I grab that thing over a lot of other lights, you get a great work area with it and it has two light settings. Good sturdy light it isn't too heavy or anything. Only downfall I wish it had a hook instead of the ring on top. Highly recommend this light, paid 40 for it on Black Friday and it was worth every penny!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hVe the Dewalt, I grab that thing over a lot of other lights, you get a great work area with it and it has two light settings. Good sturdy light it isn't too heavy or anything. Only downfall I wish it had a hook instead of the ring on top. Highly recommend this light, paid 40 for it on Black Friday and it was worth every penny!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need to fab your own hook Jimbo! Maybe even just add a medium size carabiner on top.

• Like 1

The Milwaukee and Dewalt are really 2 different lights. This is the light that would be more comparable to the Dewalt your looking at. https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2351-20

That said I love my Milwaukee lantern light its pretty awesome you can either have 180 or 360 light depending on you needs.