Is it just me or was this really misleading?

Stercorarius

So I purchased a ToughSystem radio as soon as they had them at Home Depot. Before they were sold, they had their description for it and the description said, "On the jobsite, another hassle is the need to walk back to the radio to change the channel, or not being able to connect your own music. The ToughSystem® Music player offers remote control access up to 100 feet with Bluetooth® technology connectivity from any Bluetooth®-enabled smartphone," I understood this meant that you would be able to control like the radio station and volume from your phone like there would be a remote control app for your phone. I honestly bought the radio for only this reason and I was extremely disappointed when I fired it up and found out that their "remote control access" really just meant that you could stream music to your radio with your phone like every single other job-site radio on the market. Don't get me wrong I don't regret buying it. It is so much better than my Milwaukee was. Easily the best radio on the market but was that just poor wording, me being stupid, or was there perhaps originally going to be some kind of remote control app? 

• Like 1

I'm sure there was a little deceptive wording there to get you to buy, but I didn't feel the message was to control the radio, just to connect your smart device via Bluetooth. The one thing I've found by joining this forum is there is a plethora of really knowledgable people here that have walked that road before you. You need to do a little research before you spend your hard earn dollars on their tools. Talk to these guys they all have opinions, they all have their favorite bands. But you will learn a lot from them. I have.

• Like 1

So I purchased a ToughSystem radio as soon as they had them at Home Depot. Before they were sold, they had their description for it and the description said, "On the jobsite, another hassle is the need to walk back to the radio to change the channel, or not being able to connect your own music. The ToughSystem® Music player offers remote control access up to 100 feet with Bluetooth® technology connectivity from any Bluetooth®-enabled smartphone," I understood this meant that you would be able to control like the radio station and volume from your phone like there would be a remote control app for your phone. I honestly bought the radio for only this reason and I was extremely disappointed when I fired it up and found out that their "remote control access" really just meant that you could stream music to your radio with your phone like every single other job-site radio on the market. Don't get me wrong I don't regret buying it. It is so much better than my Milwaukee was. Easily the best radio on the market but was that just poor wording, me being stupid, or was there perhaps originally going to be some kind of remote control app? 

The only thing I can think of was this was a feature planned at one time, or will be offered in the future.

the advertising or marketing lawyers speak a different language then most common folk they can say a yellow cow can run 40 miles an hour and you think your Honda civic is going to get good mileage..... 

i can ask about this... Alot of times thats marketing speak. And it has to go through laywers as comp says above. Also i don't know if this is something Depot would have changed. I will ask about the wording. Also these things appear to keep selling out.

That sentence should have been worded better by saying controlling your music remotely over bluetooth with your smartphone/tablet. The way the sentence reads is you have an app that controls the actual radio and the over the air stations.

i can ask about this... Alot of times thats marketing speak. And it has to go through laywers as comp says above. Also i don't know if this is something Depot would have changed. I will ask about the wording. Also these things appear to keep selling out.

They are dang nice regardless of the controllability issue and the whole clock fiasco.

Was this a sign in the store or website..

i see this on the website

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Model # DWST08810 Internet # 206139277 Store SKU # 1001409504

The DEWALT DWST08810H brings music to your DEWALT Tough System Cart. This premium music system features digital sound processor for sound optimization, high power and high efficiency. This system is Tough System Compatible, durable and stackable.

• AM/FM radio with 6 presets
  • 12-Volt or 20-Volt Max battery compatible
  • Runs off either battery or AC
  • Bluetooth technology: cell phone/music device connectivity, remotely control your music
  • Protected compartments for battery, player and wall mounted adaptor

Was this a sign in the store or website..

i see this on the website

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

Model # DWST08810 Internet # 206139277 Store SKU # 1001409504

The DEWALT DWST08810H brings music to your DEWALT Tough System Cart. This premium music system features digital sound processor for sound optimization, high power and high efficiency. This system is Tough System Compatible, durable and stackable.

• AM/FM radio with 6 presets
  • 12-Volt or 20-Volt Max battery compatible
  • Runs off either battery or AC
  • Bluetooth technology: cell phone/music device connectivity, remotely control your music
  • Protected compartments for battery, player and wall mounted adaptor
http://dewaltmediakit.com/hand-tools/all-hand-tools/premiumsoundforthejobsitedewaltintroducesthenewtoughsystemmusicplayerandcharger/