So Close............

comp56

it always amazes me when the actual product is nearly identical but they get the simple graphics wrong. That being said if it's just a matter of identical parts going out the back door of a Chinese factory why not go the whole way and just steal the labeling etc.

For someone that doesn't know it sure would be easy to make that mistake. Comp did you make that battery too! [emoji6] I know that you didn't because yours would have looked more like the real deal!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If the cells are the same and the circuitry is the same, buy em!

I would buy one and crack it open, then compare it to a real one.

Many factories in China sell the exact same item for other manufacturers with a different name or packaging.

The price could be worth trying one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a gamble not worth taking in my opinion. Lithium is a different beast than we had with Ni-Cad and if things go wrong, it can be bad. Plus a lot of tools have circuitry that can recognize a generic battery and void your warranty. Honestly, if you get three years out of a battery you use several times a week, it really didn't cost a whole lot in the long run...you get your money's worth. It's just a high initial investment.

Five years ago, you'd hear me say something completely different with Ni-Cad batteries...but we see what these lithium batteries do when they fail, we see the news stories all the time.

If the cells are the same and the circuitry is the same, buy em!

I would buy one and crack it open, then compare it to a real one.

Many factories in China sell the exact same item for other manufacturers with a different name or packaging.

The price could be worth trying one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tools nowadays have pretty sophisticated circuitry inside of them. They know and make a log entry if you plug in a knock off battery. I suspect that you'll no longer have a warranty should anything go wrong.

In spite of the fact that battery packs look the same and pretty simple, they're not. I'm all for looking for deals on batteries and I hate paying full retail, but I'll never use knockoffs. If you can't afford real batteries, you probably can't afford to replace your high dollar tools if they melt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tools nowadays have pretty sophisticated circuitry inside of them. They know and make a log entry if you plug in a knock off battery. I suspect that you'll no longer have a warranty should anything go wrong.

In spite of the fact that battery packs look the same and pretty simple, they're not. I'm all for looking for deals on batteries and I hate paying full retail, but I'll never use knockoffs. If you can't afford real batteries, you probably can't afford to replace your high dollar tools if they melt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more.....I would rather get the real deal........

ok so you just bought a new $700 tablet would you want to plug it in with a $3 car charger

You could probably get away with it by frying the circuit board with a higher voltage so they can't read that it was connected to knockoff batteries.  The truth is though the knockoffs just aren't worth it because so many have cheaper cells.  Even if they're labeled the same I wouldn't trust that the cells weren't fake.  Why buy a high end drill and drop the performance to ryobi with knockoff batteries when you could've just gotten ryobi for half the price.