Makita producing new tools

wayneburgess

Makita is producing many new tools from Oscillating tools,reciprocating saws and multi function drills that can switch from hammer to drill only to impact driver all in one tool.

These and many others will be available soon.

Let us know if you buy any of the many new tools Makita is producing and what you think.

Re: multi function drills that can switch from hammer to drill only to impact driver all in one tool

I prefer to keep it simple, I have found that tools that do just one job are often the best. Often with multifunction tools, they make comprises to allow for the extended range of functions.

I'm waiting for them to bring in their 36v yard tools myself. I want to see how they stack up against Stihls.

http://youtu.be/5exluMk1Au8

It's about time Makita got with the program. They have been manhandled in the 12V market and most of the chatter they've generated recently has focused more on disappointment than anything else. The performance of their brushless drill when compared to the comparable Milwaukee and Dewalts was flat out embarrassing.

They do seem to be adding to the range in a big way though at the moment.

They also have an option where you can use 2 18v batteries to power a 36v tool.

Maybe they have backed out of trying to compete on torque to concentrate on run time?

But I must admit the overload protection seems to be poor and have had many reports of batteries becoming faulty with the same 2 cells going down on a large number.But as a balance the people who reported these problems also reported multiple batteries replaced free of charge well out of warranty.

But I must admit the overload protection seems to be poor and have had many reports of batteries becoming faulty with the same 2 cells going down on a large number.But as a balance the people who reported these problems also reported multiple batteries replaced free of charge well out of warranty.

It would seem only the newest batteries are giving problems, my hunch is that they are using a new manufacturer to produce their batteries, another case of "value engineering" gone wrong. Most of the manufacturers seem to go for the high output cells that don't last long, since very few journalist do long term testing, and the manufacturers want to put on a good show for the press.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Morning Guys,

As i am new to this group i thought i`d let you all know that I just bought the new Makita BMR104 radio from www.aonetools.co.uk and WOW! The sound from this is amazing, i am normally a DeWalt guy and have been since day 1 but with all the recent battery changes I have recently replaced all my old 18v with the new li-ion and have found that the li-ion from Makita is amazing. It hasn't let me down yet and this new DAB radio is phenomenal. It beats the old DeWalt DC013 site radio hands down. The best thing i found about this product was definitely the price!! £119