Brushless vs brushed in cold weather ?

Craigh9916

Does anyone know if brushless motors work any better then brushed motors in the cold ? I'm asking as my brushless impact doesn't seem and different when it's really cold but my older brushed impact used to seem slower ! Now before you say it I know the main problem is the battery in the cold but putting that aside what do you lot think has anyone noticed there new brushless impacts not being affected as much as there older brushed ones ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said at the start putting batteries aside just going on motors only is there a difference in cold weather between a brushed motor and brushless as I am finding my brushless seems to work as normal whatever the weather but brushed seems to be little slower in the cold but have any of you lot noticed this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brushed and brushless motors have no real issues with cold. Most common electronics don't really have any large issues with cold either.

It's as mentioned earlier everything else. Like the bearings, hammer/impact unit on impacts and battery cells that doesn't like it. Since they all depend on some kind of liquid.

The slower bit could be many things. Like different grease, different reaction from the motor on more resistance or lower juice (voltage and current) from the batteries. An brushless unit have sensors that measures the RPM, and in general a lot smarter, and could counter the effects of the cold.