What do you do with all of your cases?

Santi_78342

For all of you guys that moved into a modular system, use bags or leave them out in the trailer or garage...what do you do with the cases the tool(s) came in? Just chuck them? I have a stack taller than me sitting down in the basement that is taking up space and I'm not sure what to do with them...

• Like 1

I'd never use the plastic case for a tool I use a lot, they're great for an occasional use tool. I like getting the bags with my power tools, those are much more useful to me. I use one to haul extra stuff I need from home to work or work to home. I'm hoping my next Milwaukee purchase will come with a contractor's bag, could use another one of those to replace the soon to be overflowing HF tool bag for my car's tool bag.

• Like 1

All my cases become where I toss my accessories my case from my drill combo kit has all my drill bits, grinder wheels and saw blades, screwgun case has impact sockets, wrenches and extensions, one has batteries and chargers, one has cordless tools. Basically for every power tool I get I have enough other tools to fill its bag. The system works for me.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if they're selling on eBay because there are a bunch listed...but it's not hard to do a listing, it's free and it's only about three clicks to relist the item(or you can select automatic relist). The majority of the work would be taking the pics and keeping track which model tool went in which case(and others that fit, check other listings for this) but you only have to do it once. It could easily be a free $100+ if they do actually sell. You'd need to check the "sold listings" to see if they're actually selling.

I can give any of you some help on listing things on eBay if you need advice or whatever. A few years ago I was selling a lot on eBay, now not soo much.

I don't like them especially if your shop is stationary, on the go I can see a use but not for me.....they just pile up.......I'd trade them all in for a free battery or something but no....

I almost wish tool manufacturers would give you the option when you buy a power tool from them, do you want the case or not? I remember The Hilti cases would cost close to 100 dollars. And in my option those cases are the worst. Give me the tool missus the case and I save a few bucks...

• Like 1

I almost wish tool manufacturers would give you the option when you buy a power tool from them, do you want the case or not? I remember The Hilti cases would cost close to 100 dollars. And in my option those cases are the worst. Give me the tool missus the case and I save a few bucks...

Bosch has that option. Bare tool, soft case, or lboxx [emoji16]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would add in the Festool and Bosch realm, the sustainers and l boxes get used in my shop. They are a treat and though I rarely take my tools out of the shop, on the rare occasion having my investments protected and interconnected is a big deal. With my Festools, I use the mobile carts around the shop and my second midi has my TS systainer on the top so I can pull it to the other side of the shop for sizing sheet goods down. My Dewalt boxes, Milwaukee bags etc.....I ise the Milwaukee bags as parts containers or for my lathe tools and chucks! Very useful. I used to have a lot of Milwaukee tools and I would get rid of those blow molded cases.

before I moved across country I had a whole stack of cases in the shed. I kept a few when I moved but for the most part didn't keep any. When I had my garage/moving sale I put the tool specific cases in a pile of free stuff. The cases like the dewalt tough box or similar I sold cheap.

Hard cases take to much space for just one tool. I work out of my truck I just don't have enough room.

• Like 1