What is it Coming To....

comp56

Wow, that's crazy. Why so much. Is it full of tools?

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guarantee you it won't come with a single tool. I get roughly 1/2 off of snap on toolboxes since I'm a technical school student and they are still too freakin high. They really aren't anything special at all. You just pay for the name.

I guarantee you it won't come with a single tool. I get roughly 1/2 off of snap on toolboxes since I'm a technical school student and they are still too freakin high. They really aren't anything special at all. You just pay for the name.

Funny I was just looking at the harbor freight 56" tool box. It's $799.00 on sale. And I thought that was high!

• Like 1

Crazy prices but they sell though.... That's the sad part.

Just a bunch of guys buying tool boxes to impress other guys.

Then when you say that, they claim that it's the warranty or that it has better resell value...but it doesn't because any tool box is going to be worth less than half price used. Half of $5,000 is a lot more money lost than half of $750.

• Like 1

I can understand those for race crews and such where everything they do is on display (and usually part of an advertising deal) but it doesn't make sense for an average mechanic, much less a dude in his garage.  Still not as bad as individuals working out of the giant wall boxes designed for entire crews.  The tools you're using 99% of the time can probably fit in one drawer so what's the rest for?

• Like 1

I see them for sale all the time on the Facebook Snap On resale pages. People get the idea but then freak on that weekly hit on their pay check. Stuff like this truck video is marketing gold though. I don't get it I bet Snap On wouldn't be charging these prices if most tools were paid by companies either. They manged to sell a quality product but at insanely high margins. I guess we could say that about smart phones also, but that's changing fast with cheap phones from China now. You can get a decent 200 dollar smart phone now if you don't need all the latest gadgets and features.

I can understand those for race crews and such where everything they do is on display (and usually part of an advertising deal) but it doesn't make sense for an average mechanic, much less a dude in his garage. Still not as bad as individuals working out of the giant wall boxes designed for entire crews. The tools you're using 99% of the time can probably fit in one drawer so what's the rest for?

You don't actually have a tool chest do you? I have the Milwaukee box and have it almost filled with tools. Mechanics have a lot more tools that get used daily than you think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You don't actually have a tool chest do you? I have the Milwaukee box and have it almost filled with tools. Mechanics have a lot more tools that get used daily than you think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So much this. 

I was one of those guys suckered into buying a SnapOn tool box, the classic 96, pretty much exactly like this, color and all. I was probably 20 at the time, had some money, didn't think anything different, such as shopping around, finding a cheaper avenue, so I bought it. I really liked it, of course, they are good boxes, and at the time I didn't think anything of it, just got it because I needed a box and the SnapOn rep came around and was a cool guy. I was at that shop for about 8 months, and that was all my experience on automotive repair, got out of that and now at my current job of close to 7 years now. 

I since sold the box, best thing I could have done, it wasn't getting used, some poor sap bought it for more than I would have paid for a box, but I got a decent chunk back from it, and never looked back. 

DSC00001.jpg

So much this.

I was one of those guys suckered into buying a SnapOn tool box, the classic 96, pretty much exactly like this, color and all. I was probably 20 at the time, had some money, didn't think anything different, such as shopping around, finding a cheaper avenue, so I bought it. I really liked it, of course, they are good boxes, and at the time I didn't think anything of it, just got it because I needed a box and the SnapOn rep came around and was a cool guy. I was at that shop for about 8 months, and that was all my experience on automotive repair, got out of that and now at my current job of close to 7 years now.

I since sold the box, best thing I could have done, it wasn't getting used, some poor sap bought it for more than I would have paid for a box, but I got a decent chunk back from it, and never looked back.

DSC00001.jpg

Saw on the "chrisfix" channel, he and Sonic tools are giving away a toolbox and three drawers of you pick tools. $4000.00 value.

Thats because its a crap-on box. That why I love my Kennedy boxes,made well and way cheaper.

Had a Kennedy kit, treated it like crap then have it away, wish I kept it.

Their plant closed down in Van Wert, just a little ways from me, now it's a battery recycling place. I went in their once and they make you wear shoe covers and dust masks to keep you from getting lead on your shoes and in your lungs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1