Jobsite radio

unclebud

That one is nice but doesn't have Bluetooth I don't know if that's a deal breaker for you. The other thing is its much smaller than the really awesome M18 Bluetooth charging radio. I will say that the bluetooth m18 is a beast and it would suck to move around all the time, but its an awesome job site radio

I've had the 2792 and its a great radio. A bit on the pricey side though. It does have a lot of problems too though. There's a reason I have a Dewalt radio now. I love the tough system radio , best sound on the market,but unless you already have Dewalt batteries I'd go with that 2890 you're looking at. 90% of the radio use is going to be fm anyways because you really don't want to be constantly changing your music on your phone while you are trying to work. Just my two cents.

I've had the 2792 and its a great radio. A bit on the pricey side though. It does have a lot of problems too though. There's a reason I have a Dewalt radio now. I love the tough system radio , best sound on the market,but unless you already have Dewalt batteries I'd go with that 2890 you're looking at. 90% of the radio use is going to be fm anyways because you really don't want to be constantly changing your music on your phone while you are trying to work. Just my two cents.

A lot of people are using things like Apple Music or Spotify now over old school radio. Most stations suck so bad now.

I am in the market for a new radio to use at work. I have several Milwaukee tools already. I am leaning towards the 2890. Does anyone have this model ? Or are there other models or brands I should be looking at ?

Hey unclebud,

Was looking at that 2792 for myself in the shop. Was looking at the specs.

Milwaukee® Introduces First Charging Radio with Bluetooth® for the Jobsite

MILWAUKEE, WI – Milwaukee Tool continues to deliver disruptive innovation with the introduction of the first charging radio to bring the power of Bluetooth® to the jobsite. The most advanced radio of its kind,2792-20 the M18™ Jobsite Radio/Charger allows the user to stream rich, full sound wirelessly from over 100 feet away. In addition, the 2792 also serves as a quick and convenient charging station for Milwaukee M18™ Batteries and portable electronic devices.

“Milwaukee continues to raise the bar with best-in-class technology across all product categories,” says Tom Simeone, Group Product Manager for Milwaukee Tool Corporation. “Delivering the industry's best reception and sound, this unique radio/charger features components designed from the ground up that not only give the user Bluetooth® capability, but also the ability to charge any M18™ battery without sacrificing reception or sound quality.”

In addition, the USB port charges most portable electronic devices over 50% faster than any competitors, and is the only device charger on the market that can work off battery power, rather than just AC power.

Backed by legendary Milwaukee durability, a reinforced roll cage and extruded aluminum handles protect internal components from weather and abusive job site conditions. The radio/charger also offers the industry's largest on-board, weather-sealed storage compartment to protect the user’s small belongings and electronic devices. The user is even able to convert the radio into a portable entertainment center while charging tablets, with a built-in electronics stand.

Complete with an AM/FM Tuner with a digital processor, customizable equalizer, optimized speaker orientation and an on-board bottle opener, this revolutionary Jobsite Radio/Charger will set the new standard for quality and performance in this category.

Powered by Milwaukee’s revolutionary M18™ REDLITHIUM™ Battery, the M18™ Jobsite Radio/Charger is compatible with the entire M18™ System, now offering over 50 cordless Lithium-Ion products. Milwaukee® is committed to the ongoing development of this platform and will continue to provide innovative solutions that offer industry leading reliability, performance and ergonomics.

Price $ 199.00 new and $ 154.00 reconditioned. Hmm?

Specifications:

M18™ Jobsite Radio/Charger (2792-20)

Bluetooth® Compatible: yes

No-Interference Battery Charger: yes

Radio Pre-Set: FM (10), AM (10)

Frequency Response: 80 Hz – 20 KHz

Device Storage Space: 55in3

Aux Cable Length: 16"

USB Charger Output: 2.1 Amp

Size: 12” x 15” x 12”

Weight: 17lbs

Voltage: 18V

Includes 2292-20 M18™ Jobsite Radio/Charger*

*Batteries sold separately

I think Milwaukee just came out with this radio, not sure how long ago, but it says new on the page. 

I'm not big into radios, but it's crazy how many different options are available, 

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2890-20?sf18594921=1

2890-20_1.png

2890-20_2.png

2890-20_5.png

Another variation of this radio:

43077_2790-20v1-lg.jpg