Anyone can be a Plumber, No not really

Justin Hernandez

Take a look at this beauty. Somebody thought this was a good idea what a joke. They put a tee in too add a sink in the other room and put a tee on the cold water supply line also. Its a U trap!!!

That's funny, at first I though I was looking at my kitchen sink lol. I just woke up from a nap But no! Wow. Is this something you had to deal with? If so, what did you do? Thanks Justin.

Wow yup crazy what ya run into.

Today was the first time I saw a water heater installed with the hot and cold reversed! Well that's why you run out of hot water so fast

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I just fixed one of these last month. They also had the tank with the panels and drain valve facing a corner. People are idiots. 

Then there's the good ol guys that last so long nobody knows anything about it, and now it's finally time to replace

6bd5eb2c78df4bc6679fc4e8a79f82b0.jpg

that tank looks like it was well used after it's expiry date....

Wow someone was not wearing their glasses! Depth perception? [emoji851]

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well at least they had the smarts to put what looks like a phone right next to the sink so they can call a plumber every time they wonder why there is water dripping from the ceiling in the living room .....

• Like 2

Wow yup crazy what ya run into.

Today was the first time I saw a water heater installed with the hot and cold reversed! Well that's why you run out of hot water so fast

Haha, What a bunch of dummies. That reminds me about one time troubleshooting a water heater that wasn't getting enough hot water. Who ever installed it had half the hot nipple blocked half way full with solder. It took me some time to find the problem 

That's funny, at first I though I was looking at my kitchen sink lol. I just woke up from a nap But no! Wow. Is this something you had to deal with? If so, what did you do? Thanks Justin.

Haha is your plumbing that bad..jk Yes it was, they built a second kitchen illegally in the house and this was the plumbing for it. I had to fix a bunch of violations on this house they rented part of the house as an efficiency. This part was an easy fix just rip it all out and put the p-trap back

I just fixed one of these last month. They also had the tank with the panels and drain valve facing a corner. People are idiots. 

Common sense isn't so common 

when people do things redneck, do they realize it and comment on it as they are doing it or just laugh about it?

Only handy redneck's can answer this..lol

a.aaa-Sink-Construction-Fail.jpg

I've seen similar set ups where you wash your hands hitting your knuckles on the sink because the faucet is so short

Then there's the good ol guys that last so long nobody knows anything about it, and now it's finally time to replace

Nice, I saw the oldest GE water heater I've ever seen the other day I think it was maybe from the 70's, I took a picture of the tag but the picture is blurry I can;t read it. It was tan in color, that heater looks very small what size was it??

• Like 1

Haha is your plumbing that bad..jk Yes it was, they built a second kitchen illegally in the house and this was the plumbing for it. I had to fix a bunch of violations on this house they rented part of the house as an efficiency. This part was an easy fix just rip it all out and put the p-trap back

Yeah, when I bought my house the previous owner had done some "fancy" plumbing. The bathroom sink was cute too hot and cold reversed.

• Like 1

Yeah, when I bought my house the previous owner had done some "fancy" plumbing. The bathroom sink was cute too hot and cold reversed.

Haha I rented a place with a sink like that! Kinda got used to it but the whole place was a mess. Only stayed for couple months tho

• Like 2

That's the problem with you youngins. This guy is from the school of "it's not a sin to be thirty it's a sin to be wasteful" some sandpaper a scraper and some paint it will be good as new. So what it leaks a little it's fine.  

• Like 2

That's the problem with you youngins. This guy is from the school of "it's not a sin to be thirty it's a sin to be wasteful" some sandpaper a scraper and some paint it will be good as new. So what it leaks a little it's fine.  

Haha, you could use that impact scraper Dan and Paul just reviewed 

• Like 1