Article makes the case for Made in USA tools

JerryNY

when I was working our shop was global, we made many products for many countries......the Made in Canada stamp/label/etching...ect ect was put on ONLY if we fully assembled the piece. Many times products were completely built in our shop but because of size/taxes/tarrif some times were shipped out in parts, when this happened we could not put made in Canada only the country that assembled it could. 

so in saying that there could be a factory purchasing 150 parts to build let's say a tractor from Indonesia and they assemble it all in the USA package it up and stamp it Made in USA and here all there actually built was the frame just saying......

not sure of all the laws now but it was like that back then.........

when I was working our shop was global, we made many products for many countries......the Made in Canada stamp/label/etching...ect ect was put on ONLY if we fully assembled the piece. Many times products were completely built in our shop but because of size/taxes/tarrif some times were shipped out in parts, when this happened we could not put made in Canada only the country that assembled it could.

so in saying that there could be a factory purchasing 150 parts to build let's say a tractor from Indonesia and they assemble it all in the USA package it up and stamp it Made in USA and here all there actually built was the frame just saying......

not sure of all the laws now but it was like that back then.........

Dewalts made in the USA says made in the USA with global parts.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk