My poor Snow Joe Ion21...

JerryNY

Well I like it but it isn't made for this deep a snow amount. I had to do a few passes but as long as you keep it under a foot before you start it works pretty well. Still better than shoveling lol. Good thing I got another 5 Ah 40v battery for it so I can rotate because this storm is dumping more and more lol.

Jerry, what your saying? that I should not even try with my electric SnowJoe ultra? Was going to wait until Sunday, before I go out there. I just want to see the neighbors faces when I whip out the snowblower. After they shoveled for two days. Hehe. I'm sick I know. I don't like them.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry, what your saying? that I should not even try with my electric SnowJoe ultra? Was going to wait until Sunday, before I go out there. I just want to see the neighbors faces when I whip out the snowblower. After they shoveled for two days. Hehe. I'm sick I know. I don't like them.

I'm not sure what the snow totals are down in Philly but with a Snow Joe you probably should start tackling the snow before it exceeds the height of the intake on the front. Once it's higher than that it's a lot more work. I was planning on doing that myself but the snow acculmulated way faster than I thought and we got many more deeper drift areas than we usually get where I am. Best advice is to try to clear one path by taking the top layers off and then trying to chip away and widen that path as you go. Also it is HIGHLY recommended to buy some DuPont Teflon snow and ice repellent and spray the chute and and intake to prevent clogs. I've been at it on and off for hours and not a single jam up...

These things work really well and are so light they are easy to manhandle in really tight spots but you can't expect them to tackle multiple feet of snow all at once. If you keep it at like 8 inches it goes through the snow like nothing so when you start getting acculmultions about 8" or so plan on taking it out and getting to work. It's so much better to do more lesisurly passes in shallower snow than to wait till you have to do all the work pushing it into deeper snow with many passes to take it down all at once.

Yeah, with all the drifting, the sidewalk is about 24" and the driveway is mostly clear? crazy! So not as much work there, as it could have been. With the raptor, I just usually clear a path from the house to the drivers door, but this time will require a little more work. Luckily the sidewalk is small. I'll wait too tomorrow morning. Going to spend my night on the forum with you guys.

I'm glad I got some Ergodyne ProFlex work gloves, waterproof and insulated. I usually just use leather winter gloves and they end up all soggy after doing snow blowing but hours outside and these $30 gloves seem to work great and my hands are warm and dry. Also they aren't too limiting either so good for working.

That kind of snow requires a 2 stage gas snow blower. I really love that snow joe machine, but it wasn't intended for that. You really should operate the snowjoe when the snow is 6 inches deep on your driveway/walkway

That's if you want to do it in one full swoop at the end. If you go out a couple times you should be ok. I like my 2 stage but also hate it because of how heavy it is. Its a 300 pound machine you have to manhandle and I have to make a bunch of turns.

That kind of snow requires a 2 stage gas snow blower. I really love that snow joe machine, but it wasn't intended for that. You really should operate the snowjoe when the snow is 6 inches deep on your driveway/walkway

Yes I agree! But like Regopit said, it was blizzard conditions and it was so warm and comfy on the couch lol, and watching your neighbors bust their butts lol. Besides its two years old and I have never used it. For all I know it won't work. Then I'm screwed lol.

Really putting that to work

We got a JD d140 with a snowblower this year after all the big storms in Maine and so far we have only had 2 storms both storms together had less then 6" of snow

The funny thing is I bought my 2 stage the year we had the snowiest winter ever recorded in Michigan. It came in super handy with that kind of snow.

I'm not sure what the snow totals are down in Philly but with a Snow Joe you probably should start tackling the snow before it exceeds the height of the intake on the front. Once it's higher than that it's a lot more work. I was planning on doing that myself but the snow acculmulated way faster than I thought and we got many more deeper drift areas than we usually get where I am. Best advice is to try to clear one path by taking the top layers off and then trying to chip away and widen that path as you go. Also it is HIGHLY recommended to buy some DuPont Teflon snow and ice repellent and spray the chute and and intake to prevent clogs. I've been at it on and off for hours and not a single jam up...

These things work really well and are so light they are easy to manhandle in really tight spots but you can't expect them to tackle multiple feet of snow all at once. If you keep it at like 8 inches it goes through the snow like nothing so when you start getting acculmultions about 8" or so plan on taking it out and getting to work. It's so much better to do more lesisurly passes in shallower snow than to wait till you have to do all the work pushing it into deeper snow with many passes to take it down all at once.

Pam cooking spray works too if you don't have any Teflon.

Millerz

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

It's a little beyond what you'd expect a cordless blower to work with, good thing I started early and decided to try to blow it in stages but Jonas is giving the little blower, and me for that matter, quite the workout lol.

Well, that just convinced me to get that model, I been looking for a snowblower (see my post) and this was one that I was looking at closely. 

I do like the Snow Joe and as long as you use common sense it works fine. Even though the 5Ah batteries the 21" pro model comes with give you 65min of runtime working it really hard will drop that to prob 40 min, which is still pretty good, so it does help having another battery to rotate. I just got a second battery delivered on Friday lol. The charger does take a few hours too so if you have a single one you need to figure how much you can get done per job. It's not really a problem per se but you do need to strategize a bit and plan ahead what you want to do. The upside to battery power is it isn't nearly as much a PITA as gas to get things going so the fact you literally pop can a battery off the charger and pop it into the blower and start working instantly makes it easier to stop and go without worries and you don't really need ear protections, I was using it at midnight to clean things up and it didn't wake anyone up. It kinda just hums.

I do like the Snow Joe and as long as you use common sense it works fine. Even though the 5Ah batteries the 21" pro model comes with give you 65min of runtime working it really hard will drop that to prob 40 min, which is still pretty good, so it does help having another battery to rotate. I just got a second battery delivered on Friday lol. The charger does take a few hours too so if you have a single one you need to figure how much you can get done per job. It's not really a problem per se but you do need to strategize a bit and plan ahead what you want to do. The upside to battery power is it isn't nearly as much a PITA as gas to get things going so the fact you literally pop can a battery off the charger and pop it into the blower and start working instantly makes it easier to stop and go without worries and you don't really need ear protections, I was using it at midnight to clean things up and it didn't wake anyone up. It kinda just hums.

Well that was fun. Not quite 24" here, like 21". I have the corded SnowJoe ultra. And it was fine. Took my time and just worked it down. Just did the front side walk and the back of the house. Left the driveway, because half of it had no snow and the other half had over a 3' drift. I'll let the sun do its magic for a couple of days first, unless I can talk the kids into clearing it [emoji57] I'm happy with the purchase. Would have been happy with the battery one too.