Kitchen faucet plumbing help

rrich1

Hey guys I am in need of some help. I currently have a 2 basin sink. I am replacing it with a single basin stainless sink. I want to keep my disposer. I have a dishwasher as well. Here is what it currently looks like. What is the best way to route for the new sink? The basin is the same distance so the height of the disposer shouldn't change. The new sink will also have the drain in the center.

IMG_20160123_183925531_zpspqxpekuc.jpg

IMG_20160123_183935092_zpsgs59zytz.jpg

IMG_20160123_183948748_zpsfpflgh52.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes just remember to knock out the plastic plug on the garbage disposal for the dishwasher drain lol.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, don't forget this step! Unless you leave the dishwasher attached to the trap that its already going to. You could simply cut and cap the piece of pvc coming put the left side of the wye, leaving the middle one to join in your new drain

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Cut the two pieces of pvc coming out either side of that double wye. Then cap them. Run the nee trap into the center one and then run the dishwasher drain to your disposer

That sounds pretty simple. Thanks. I haven't filled it because I just bought a new faucet [emoji12] . jk we have never used it. I plan to actually use the new one as the new sink is 4 hole as well.

I got a Kohler faucet for 150 off and a Kohler sink for 250. We want to redo our kitchen but won't be u til at least next year. Our faucet is terrible now and feel like this is something we can do to make a big difference for pretty cheap and could still use in the future if we wanted.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, don't forget this step! Unless you leave the dishwasher attached to the trap that its already going to. You could simply cut and cap the piece of pvc coming put the left side of the wye, leaving the middle one to join in your new drain

That sounds good too. Would probably give me more room though id I cut it though? Also with a single basin and drain, do I need to have a vent?

That sounds good too. Would probably give me more room though id I cut it though? Also with a single basin and drain, do I need to have a vent?

Need to? No. Good idea? Yes. But you're probably stuck with using an air admittance valve, like I did becaue old house, no where to run stack up in the wall. Unless we can set you up with an island vent its called..... so many choices lol look up these things online to get a better idea maybe

Need to? No. Good idea? Yes. But you're probably stuck with using an air admittance valve, like I did becaue old house, no where to run stack up in the wall. Unless we can set you up with an island vent its called..... so many choices lol look up these things online to get a better idea maybe

Ok thanks. From looking online I am wondering if I could cut and cap the left y, run the main drain from the middle, keep the right y and put a vent on top, and then run the dishwasher to the disposer.

Do any jurisdictions come into play with permits or inspections or are you in a fairly loose area code-wise?

I feel like this is on a need to know basis. Lol

Honestly I'm not sure. The only time I have needed to deal with a permit for anything was my deck.

Ok thanks. From looking online I am wondering if I could cut and cap the left y, run the main drain from the middle, keep the right y and put a vent on top, and then run the dishwasher to the disposer.

This would work, but technically you're not allowed to have any horizontal section of vent below a certain height above the flood rim level of your sink that wont get washed out and technically, that small horizontal section of thw right side will be horizontal and not have water flowing thru to flush it out...... this is getting technical ha

This would work, but technically you're not allowed to have any horizontal section of vent below a certain height above the flood rim level of your sink that wont get washed out and technically, that small horizontal section of thw right side will be horizontal and not have water flowing thru to flush it out...... this is getting technical ha

But that same horizontal spot wouldn't matter if I capped it off?

You know what? I bet your drain there is already vented. Take the middle trap out and look back in the pipe to see if it goes up as well as down, if there's a tee back there, you already have a vent.

Will do. Thank you for all the help so far!

You Don't know how many people forget that and then? I don't know?

If you forget to knock the plug out, the dishwasher will try to pump out the water, but it would just sit there doing nothing, there would be some pressure on the discharge line but probably not enough to blow it loose from the disposer, then it would go through its programmed cycles, until the wash was complete, then you have a big mess on your hands when you go to open your dishwasher lol

YeAh buddy bigmike!

I'm working on getting my plumbers license, so this is just good practice, I've got my five years experience, and proof of it, been finger printed, FBI and OBCI (Ohio criminal investigation) background checked, yadayada now just waiting on the dept of commerce to give me the green light to sit for the exam.

• Like 2

YeAh buddy bigmike!

I'm working on getting my plumbers license, so this is just good practice, I've got my five years experience, and proof of it, been finger printed, FBI and OBCI (Ohio criminal investigation) background checked, yadayada now just waiting on the dept of commerce to give me the green light to sit for the exam.

Man knarlycarl that is great to hear. Best of luck to you. I know you will ace it [emoji106] I know who to call now for all my plumbing and heating questions lol.

• Like 1

YeAh buddy bigmike!

. U got this brotha!!