Which 18V line to get

thebookkid

Its the lowest end Milwaukee, non brushless/non fuel, yeah its the HD deal, its $200 with tax.

it's a fine drill and impact. I had my brother buy that set last year from Ace. You will like it. A compact drill i believe is a must. It is MUCH easier to use/haul around to use than a hammer drill. Add a hammer drill later when it is needed. 

• Like 1

Just to clarify, when you say hammer drill do you mean rotary hammer drill or regular? If you are referring to the former, then you can rule out Ridgid as they do not make a rotary hammer drill.

non rotary. A larger regular hammer drill has much more power for bigger tasks like concrete or larger diameter holes. they are heavier and to me unnecessary for everyday tasks. Even building things like my outdoor furniture i used a non hammer drill. The compacts pack a good punch without the added weight and size to get into smaller areas. 

I just purchased a makita brushless hammer drill to use for bigger situations where the torque is needed.