New Project.....???

comp56

ok so I was asked by my wife to make her this, not quite finished..... can you tell what it will be?

hint: not a cutting board....

all kinds of wood in this one,

Red oak, Maple, walnut, Cherry, paduak...

20160124_233027.jpg

20160124_234441.jpg

well all of your guesses could have been right, but what she wanted was a place to put things on the stove top when not in use kinda like a cooling rack but a board instead....

20160125_103912.jpg

• Like 3

Nice Comp, where do you get your padauk.

thanks guys,

@glasseyi I get most all my wood from about 3 different local guys.....depending on what I need what they have and of course price, if it is low some times I buy way more than I need of different woods cause it will get used eventually......

ya I'm so picky when getting wood I hope I never have to order online, thankfully there are a lot of guys into having this stuff here local, I just frequent 3 of them, I go to a couple others to see what they have but usually a bit more money but if need be I have them in my back pocket, that is another reason I will buy extra many times to stock up little of this little of that I still have close to 1,300 BF of Black Ash, 1"x6.5"  8 footers I make stair treads 42" by 10" with a  1 3/4" front slight bull nose. that is funny too, I will go 2 months and nothing then 3 people ask me for some all in same day.....I make them here and there just to have some ready as I usually sell them bare and put finish on them or let them.

here is a close up shot of the set I put in my own house with a Mocca stain and matte finish no ill effects after about 8 months..... 

20160125_132929.jpg

• Like 1

ya I'm so picky when getting wood I hope I never have to order online, thankfully there are a lot of guys into having this stuff here local, I just frequent 3 of them, I go to a couple others to see what they have but usually a bit more money but if need be I have them in my back pocket, that is another reason I will buy extra many times to stock up little of this little of that I still have close to 1,300 BF of Black Ash, 1"x6.5" 8 footers I make stair treads 42" by 10" with a 1 3/4" front slight bull nose. that is funny too, I will go 2 months and nothing then 3 people ask me for some all in same day.....I make them here and there just to have some ready as I usually sell them bare and put finish on them or let them.

here is a close up shot of the set I put in my own house with a Mocca stain and matte finish no ill effects after about 8 months.....

20160125_132929.jpg

I like that mocha stain, nice and dark. You say ash eh! Man what I could do with ash. Nice baseball bats too. :)

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk