Built a corrugated / timber front fence

dwain

It's nice seeing the work of the other forum members, so here's my latest. Never built a timber fence or gate before.

- rough-sawn cypress pine posts - dressed and oiled

- treated pine rails (and plinths to come)

- zinc corri

- cypress picket gate

post-21032-0-46757100-1453724697_thumb.j

post-21032-0-55662800-1453724707_thumb.j

post-21032-0-70577400-1453724730_thumb.j

post-21032-0-41110700-1453724717_thumb.j

• Like 6

ya I have seen it before but they were older or have been in place for awhile and didn't look good as they started to rust or unevenly discolored.....if I did something like that where we live I'd use a fibre glass or plastic

Corrugated metal for fencing isn't common in the USA. Maybe some modern style houses but its mostly wooden picket or cyclone fence if you live in the city. In some places you can't even put up a fence because of a homeowners association. BTW shoot me if I ever join a place that has an association they can be brutal little dictators on every little thing like a flag pole to if you park a car out front.

• Like 2

Not only does Dwain make awesome tool review videos but he also makes really nice fences! That looks really nice man. As Jason stated earlier that type of fence isn't the most common around my parts, I really like the look.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

it came about because I'm not allowed to put a pine picket fence up in my estate, and I find the colorbond posts (c-channels back to back) to be just crap. i didn't want either so i got the idea online to do a hybrid.

thanks all! I'm especially proud of my gates, I thought I would stuff them up for sure.

Corrugated metal for fencing isn't common in the USA. Maybe some modern style houses but its mostly wooden picket or cyclone fence if you live in the city. In some places you can't even put up a fence because of a homeowners association. BTW shoot me if I ever join a place that has an association they can be brutal little dictators on every little thing like a flag pole to if you park a car out front.

absolutely! We were leasing a detached condo in a HOA, I swore that when we were looking for our current house, we told the realtor NO HOA! When Brandon was a bit younger, he was in the driveway with a magnifying glass, making a wood sign using the power of the sun, when it came across the police scanner, that a kid was trying to burn down the neighborhood, then all of the sudden 2 police cars came roaring down the street. The lady came out of her house bitching up a storm, that I was a bad parent for letting my son play with "fire" lol.  The officers were really cool, and said she is always calling the police and complaining about the kids in the neighborhood.