Forum member YouTube only section.

John Glassey

This has been brought up on several occasions, here on the forum and on periscope. To create a " forum members YouTube topic ". This would be specific to posting forum members YouTube videos and pictures.

In doing so, fellow crew members can view, and support them. The intent would be for fun only and not for profit, to allow the crew to show off items of interest. This would not and should not hinder or diminish, what TIA is doing on a daily basis.

I for one, would love to see what content fellow crew members have to offer, and maybe not just YouTube videos, but also pictures as well. I would love to see what Eric and Dan have to say about this idea and what you guys think ( The Crew ). So please comment and make suggestions.

Thanks Crew!

• Like 3

Although not opposed to it, we have been trying to cut back the sheer number of forum sections to streamline content. I'll wait to see what the other moderators think and we can make a general suggestion to Conductor. I would add, that I have been posting videos on the forum for a couple of years now but specifically attach them to a specific sub forum (i.e. pub talk, shop, projects etc.) as it relates to one topic or another.

Although not opposed to it, we have been trying to cut back the sheer number of forum sections to streamline content. I'll wait to see what the other moderators think and we can make a general suggestion to Conductor. I would add, that I have been posting videos on the forum for a couple of years now but specifically attach them to a specific sub forum (i.e. pub talk, shop, projects etc.) as it relates to one topic or another.

I see what he is saying, also if they are all in one spot they may not make as much sense than if it is posted right in the convo or thread/topic

Yes I see where that could be cumbersome, and you are correct. The best place for video attachments would be in the area of interest. But I was trying to read Dan's mind

I like the idea, we could also make topics of TiA videos in the same section. I know I really don't read comments after I watch the video and read the comments initially. I think it's broad enough to cover a good spectrum and also limits the threads you click on, not being able to watch a video and having to revisit. With this section, you know when you click a thread that you're going to watch a video. Just my dos pesos.

I think its a great Idea.  I like watching videos of like mined fellow crew members.

I think we should also have an Automotive and small engines section. Where you can post questions or just post what your working on.  I fell I can actually help people in this area.   Electical and plumbing I'll need to rely on you guys.  But thats what makes this Forum so great and there is such a wide variety that can help everyone out. 

Ive got SEVERAL to look at if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/2LateIWon/videos

Or have one section for woodworking, one for plumbing, automotive, welding, electrical, lawn and garden, tools.   Separate it out by trade???   Then Id like to see another section of "projects" or "what are you working on"    I don't care what line of work you are in I always love seeing what people are up to.  Then no matter 

I do agree about stream lining it so initially  there are only a handful of options.  Then once you go into that particular section there would be more options.  Like you chose tools.  Then once you are in there you can pick hand tools, power tools etc.,etc., 

Or have one section for woodworking, one for plumbing, automotive, welding, electrical, lawn and garden, tools.   Separate it out by trade???   Then Id like to see another section of "projects" or "what are you working on"    I don't care what line of work you are in I always love seeing what people are up to.  Then no matter 

I do agree about stream lining it so initially  there are only a handful of options.  Then once you go into that particular section there would be more options.  Like you chose tools.  Then once you are in there you can pick hand tools, power tools etc.,etc., 

We had a bunch of separate topics, but in reality we ended up with a bunch of forums with no traffic. The mods talked and its was more practical with the traffic we have no to have everything streamline info a few topics that get a bunch of posts. If the forum grows to the point we need more topics we would consider it.

I don't know but I think comp56 should have his own project forum. I don't know where he gets all the time; red miter benches, red tool boxes, magnetic tool holders, rings and on an on :P

He's retired Jerry! Comp is my inspiration. I retire in 3 and that what I want to do. That what we should all aim for :D

• Like 3

I don't know if I understood correctly about the sections talk, but I don't think a potential youtube video section should be segmented, at least not now. With good titles we should be able to find what we want in a single section and I don't expect to see 10+ different videos posted a day...Maybe at some point but not now, it's a good idea as this forum grows. Maybe making "videos" a subsection of each (applicable) section that's already there, eventually.

I have seen forums where some members had their own dedicated sections, the problem is that as that user is almost obligated to keep it active. I kind of like a surprise "Look what I've been working on" post rather than almost expecting weekly updates. 

Again, just my two cents, I could be totally wrong.

Yes I agree 100 percent, remember the forum is for and about the forum members and the sharing of ideas and content, and only changes that keep it fresh and up to date make sense and help it grow. So all responses are welcome whether positive or negative it's all good.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 1