Who makes the best work boots with steel toe protection,and under foot protection?

wayneburgess

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Me i realy like the magnum boots

Never heard of them. My boot experience is as follows:

Red Wings: I always wore Red Wings. They were great boots, but they've slowly gotten all Chinese. They still make some nice boots, but you have to pay attention to what you're buying. If they aren't in the $200 range, leave them on the shelf.

Timberland Pro: The most comfortable boots out of the box that I've ever owned. No break in period at all. With heavy use, a year or so is all you're getting out of most models. The Pit Boss models seem to hold up the best.

Matterhorn: Will outlive your children under normal use. They are stiff and require 3 months to break in. The are heavy. Excellent quality, just forever breaking them in.

Florsheim: My experience with Florsheim was about like Timberland Pro. Comfortable and affordable, but only 3 stars for durability.

Danner: The last pair of Danners I had was 15 years ago. They were excellent boots all around and were very comfortable. A lot can change in 15 years, but if they are like they used to be, they are fine boots.

Wolverine: (See Florsheim)

I love my Royer's like I posted earlier, By FAR the best I ever had at work... And I tried a few pairs in the last 5 years, I go through a pair almost every 10 months... Boots don't last long where I work but the Royer's are awesome boots

• 3 weeks later...

The past three summers I have been working as a park ranger for the US Army Corps of Engineers. Our duty boots that we wear are Danner. They are by far the best boot I have ever worn. I get a new pair every summer but my first pair is still holding up.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like Danner boots,althou you might not find them in the UK.

Search for what they call logger boots. Those types of boots have steel shanks in them and are usually built like tanks.

Arent Dr. Martens made in UK? You'd think they would have something. I love Dr. Martens air sole.