Video of my poor abused Snow Joe... possessed by evil...

JerryNY

I seem to remember this happening even when new last season but never thought about it until recently again. It seems to run fine and still looks like new. The auger is pretty well made in these things too, heavy steel brackets with a hard rubber blade that seems to not damage anything yet hard enough to do the job without breaking.

http://youtu.be/712RdMbufoM

I noticed even without a battery in it for over 24hrs the LED light still comes on for a few seconds. Is it a capacitor still charged up or possession by some sort of electrical demon from abusing the poor little blue guy? You be the judge...

JerryNY, you need a priest. That thing is possessed.

They probably have a cheap lion cell so you can keep the light on as you go back to your garage after the battery dies.

I don't think so, seems kinda more a bug than a feature. It only stays on max 5-6 seconds. You can wait a little and it can work a little more but not for very long.

Damn a 24 hour holding charge, i wanna know what capacitors they used in that thing!

it will actually hold it for much longer than that and it uses 3x1W Led's I think so if it is the capacitors they do seem to hold some decent charge. I do wonder if the windings in a brushless motor can actually store some electricity, they are isolated and no brushes to leak the current out when off. 

it will actually hold it for much longer than that and it uses 3x1W Led's I think so if it is the capacitors they do seem to hold some decent charge. I do wonder if the windings in a brushless motor can actually store some electricity, they are isolated and no brushes to leak the current out when off.

Makes sense being brushless are more efficient in their energy usage.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a battery and not a capacitor then.  Capacitor would just drain and not light again unless something (a battery, wind, lightening, god) charged it.