Use Craigslist? Try Searchtempest

KnarlyCarl

Just thought I would pass on a handy website that combined nearby cities into one group, and then also displays from eBay. i use it all the time vs craigslist directly, I scroll through, and it lists different ads in a group for one city, then the next furthest city, and so on....

http://www.searchtempest.com/

search-tempest.png

• Like 2

I used to use this all the time.  What I found out was all craigslist ads were not in the corresponding searchtempest ad.  I would do  cross referencing and find that there were more ads on Craigslist.  I'm not sure how it worked.  I'm from a big city so only thing I can think of, is there's a limit to what searchtempest can display.  If this is the case, then it would make sense as NYC/Philadelphia will have alot more ads than Topeka.  Not sure if its still this way, but will definitely look into today.  I haven't used it in awhile and its the weekend.  The lady is not going to be happy because something tells me I'll be buying a bit this weekend.  I will make sure to say its KnarlyCarl's fault ;)

Just tried multiple searches and everything matched between the two.  As far as the loading of results, its not that I can tell.  I'm not sure if this is a new feature or not.  There's a direct view, which allows you to open individual city links yourself.  For ex. if you put 200 mile radius, and that encompassed 25 areas.  You know that 15 of those areas are not in a direction you want to go, you just don't open them.  In combined view everything in that 200 will be on your search. Each has their pros/con.  I rather do it manually but look at the exact areas I want to vs automatic but looking at everything.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114