Am I doing it wrong?

Stercorarius

So I have an M12 heated hoodie and I gotta say that it is, wellll..... garbage. The idea of compact heat doesn't work because you have to have an overcoat on for the heat to make a difference. It's uncomfortable as a hooker in church. The battery placement is ridiculous. Every time you sit down in a loader or a truck or a tractor it gets jammed into your back. Really why can't it be somewhere like in the front pocket. There are a lot more comfortable ways to be warmer for 100+ $. I would rather wear 20 $5 Walmart hoodies than one of these with the battery in it. I don't even bother with putting the battery in because without a battery its actually a pretty nice hoodie. I gotta say Milwaukee really messed this one up but I really shouldn't complain because it was a gift and this makes me a total a-hole but I would not recommend the hoodie. I can't speak for the jackets. Anybody had any better luck with the hoodie?

25c366ddb79f6a824bb92243a201c5ef.jpg

• Like 1

I really like my jacket, I figure the battery is limited to where it can go to be out of the way, it's on my left side, I dont know how the hoodie is. Mine has heated torso and pockets, I dont think the hoodie does. It is a great wind breaker I've noticed and does amazing when I have a light coat over top to keep the heat in, say if I'm doing little detail work and its really cold, not moving around at all. My feet freeze but it works wonders for my upper body.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I really like my jacket, I figure the battery is limited to where it can go to be out of the way, it's on my left side, I dont know how the hoodie is. Mine has heated torso and pockets, I dont think the hoodie does. It is a great wind breaker I've noticed and does amazing when I have a light coat over top to keep the heat in, say if I'm doing little detail work and its really cold, not moving around at all. My feet freeze but it works wonders for my upper body.

Yeah the battery is also on the left side of my back so its fine when I'm on my feet but when you're getting tossed around on rough terrain getting jammed in the back gets old.
  • Like 1

Yeah the battery is also on the left side of my back so its fine when I'm on my feet but when you're getting tossed around on rough terrain getting jammed in the back gets old.

I wonder if it would work better to be placed somewhere on torso? Mine has a pocket in that area and I could probably reroute the cord, but you're probably limited because you don't have that pocket. I'd imagine that's where a lot of guys get used to putting a radio anyways

You need to stand the battery up vertically behind the elastic strap. I had the same problem once upon a time.

I tried that but It still tends to work its way into an uncomfortable position. IDK I'm probably just being a whiny little brat just feel like the design is less than ideal for those of us that are constantly hopping in and out of equipment. I get that that its targeted toward electricians but I personally wouldn't purchase one.

• 1 year later...

I just bought the M12 Heated hoodie too, I have to say that it isn't as warm as I thought it would be, this along with just heating the chest and back. I also found that the wind just runs right through the arm sleeves. I have always wanted one and finally got one. Anyone else have one too?

I just bought the M12 Heated hoodie too, I have to say that it isn't as warm as I thought it would be, this along with just heating the chest and back. I also found that the wind just runs right through the arm sleeves. I have always wanted one and finally got one. Anyone else have one too?

I use mine under a north face keeps me pretty warm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, PeteW said:

I’ve got he hoodie myself. I got the xxl which is really way too big but it works decent. Like my Bosch jacket, the less you wear under it, the better it works but yeah, the hoodie doesn’t block the wind all that well. It’s a great shop hoodie in my basement though and for dorking around outdoors in the yard during late fall it’s decent.

34 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I use mine under a north face keeps me pretty warm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's a good idea when it gets a little colder ill try it with my Carhart. that's the reason I got the hoodie instead was because I can layer with clothes over it.

Still a shit hoodie. At least the Bosch is a damn nice coat without any battery even. Got a few gallons of milk in my Milwaukee and after I washed it it became barely wearable as just a hoodie. The power supplies for my Bosch, DeWalt, and Milwaukee are all long gone thanks to a few characters. The DeWalt and Bosch are still fantastic standalone coats. Milwaukee one is garbage with or without the battery. Even if every other flaw was fixed it still doesn't have the runtime to be an effective alternative or even to complement conventional winter clothing. You can just get yourself warm enough that you can freeze for the next eight hours after it dies. Just my two cents. Disclaimer: I haven't tried any other Milwaukee heated gear than the hoodie and wouldn't be surprised if it's the best thing since sliced bread. 

• 1 month later...

I have the jacket. It is a nice jacket by itself. But I am 6' 180 with 6'5" wingspan. So skinny with long arms. I have the size Large. Its more for a person with extra body mass and short arms. It doesn't have a hood which sucks. Ideally I'd prefer the size medium vest and have a hood sewn on to it and just wear it under a light coat. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love my hoodie! Awesome kit! Gotta learn how to use it and accept the runtimes. I'll gladly squash in a 6 Amp pack for all day warmth, then ignore the large bulge from the battery. It must be worn under a windproof layer, but that's not difficult. 

11 hours ago, skill-builder.uk said:

I don't think that Milwaukee heated jacket is for working in, it is way too hot. I also don't think you need it when you are driving a truck because you have a heater. I use mine to watch soccer matches and the battery lasts a little longer than the match unless it goes into extra time. 

Loving your vids, the ones about cordless drills! I've got a thing for cordless drills! ;)

• 3 years later...

I give it a 3 out of 5. The elements do get warm, but you have charge the battery every hour or so. I have a 3AmpHour battery that lasted about 2.5 hours. I didn't need an overcoat, but at warmer temperatures, it can get hot.

Also, after using the hoodie 100 times, I washed it as recommended and the element wire shifted, mostly, to the button side. No heat on my right nor back. I had to cut the inside cloth to place the elements back; to do this, I had to sew them back in place. Poor design as far as durability.

• 3 years later...

The heated jacket has two buttons, from what I recall.  Haven't worn mine in a few years.  If you're activating both and only the pockets are heating, it might be defective or damaged.