Cordless miltersaw DCS361 vs DCS365

Kenneth Denmark

Here is a update what has change from the us model to the eu model..

The weight has change

Us model 31,6 lbs

Eu model 25,4 lbs

The cut capacity has change

Eu model will be able to cut panels

From fence 18mmx89mm

*Will be updated later*

Interesting they made it lighter, are there some crazy EU laws they had to abide by?

The saw has been wider because there will be a law in 2018 .. very briefly about the new law ,it must make sure you do not cut your fingers..

Here is a update what has change from the us model to the eu model..

The weight has change

Us model 31,6 lbs

Eu model 25,4 lbs

The cut capacity has change

Eu model will be able to cut panels

From fence 18mmx89mm

*Will be updated later*

Is 18mm×89mm not ridiculously small?

Am I missing something

My rep told me why they went with a different base for the EU model. Indeed what KWC said. Because of regulations the US base/table is too small, so they added handles to a somewhat existing table.

Still, I don't like the turning knob to lock the miter and the black dials. Not easy to see. Still thinking of importing a DCS361B from the States. Regardless of regulations... ;)

Just need to check the arbor sizes.

Just FYI Guys... I am testing the EU model as we speak, and it totally rocks.. 

As far as the weight, it is superb.. I've been dragging it from the Van, 500m to my Jobsite, and then up three flights, all by the carry handles of the 'extended' saw base... 

I totally agree with the black 'v' yellow dials, and although I haven't had any issues, the yellow could be better...

As for the 'Turn Knob' to lock.. it has the standard indents on the base, and you actually 'pinch' the turn handle and saw base between finger and thumb, squeeze them together and rotate to base to suit.. However, it is a requirement to turn to 'lock' in the obscure angles...

The advantage I can see is that the turn knob projects very little compared to the US 'clamp style' and could be less likely to become damaged on the Jobsite...

• Like 2

If I could post up a pic of what Ive been doing with it recently I would, but I think I'd get shot..  Let's just say the 'Makita' boys on site are all over it, and they are more than likely jumping ship to 'Black and Yellow' based on this Saw and another couple of items I have on test... 

I've cut a whole Roof (very large) with the DCS391 18V Cordless Skill Saw, and have cut all the Studwork and counter battening with the Cordless Chop-Saw...