Ridgid x4 drill and impact combo

tool shed

Just bought the Ridgid x4 drill and impact combo after watching the TIA review. got a great price, $179 i believe, and so far has impressed me. I'm sure DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Makita might have better but the style and features fit my needs as a low voltage installer/ tech. Can't wait to expand my set and get a few more cool tools. Thanks guys at Tools In Action!

• Like 1

I believe you made a fine choice! I'm a Milwaukee loyalist, but I've got several Ridgid products and I've been very satisfied with all of them. My father in-laws building company started buying Ridgid awhile back just for the Warranty. Be sure to properly register your kit. That lifetime warranty is not something to let slip by.

Yay a name we can buy some of over here LOL. :)

We can get the heavy duty stuff over here.Pipe wrenches inspection cameras, and mainly industrial pipe fitting gear.But we don't get a whole shed load of gear that you guys can in the U.S.A.

Grass is always greener.....

Yay a name we can buy some of over here LOL. :)

We can get the heavy duty stuff over here.Pipe wrenches inspection cameras, and mainly industrial pipe fitting gear.But we don't get a whole shed load of gear that you guys can in the U.S.A.

I can remember when AEG made a few great tools, back in the day, they used to have one of the best hammerdrills and they also had a kick butt belt sander, now it would seem they are just another homogenized consumer tool company like the other members of the TTI group. You probably get a better selection of AEGs tools than we get of their rebranded Rigid line, as AEG still has a limited presence in our tool market.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Enjoy the set! I use to have that same set a few years back, lots of power and great features for the price.  Like others have said though, properly register the kit and you should have no trouble.  Only negatives I've heard about Ridgid wasn't really in their tools, just people not registering correctly so when something did go wrong they weren't able to help them.