Look at this amazing bed a guy on Reddit made!!

DR99

Cool design. It was clearly made by someone with a lot of skill. The headboard looks way out of place though. It looks forced. Like comp said I'm not sure a bed was the ideal application for this design. Like a table might have been a better implementation of the design from a usability perspective. I'm not knocking the creator or design. I get the feeling that he's foreign or maybe east coast cuz he uses unusual names for stuff. He called angle iron L channel. Is that a regional thing?

Cool design. It was clearly made by someone with a lot of skill. The headboard looks way out of place though. It looks forced. Like comp said I'm not sure a bed was the ideal application for this design. Like a table might have been a better implementation of the design from a usability perspective. I'm not knocking the creator or design. I get the feeling that he's foreign or maybe east coast cuz he uses unusual names for stuff. He called angle iron L channel. Is that a regional thing?

actually he is calling it right there is a difference between the two, one has a longer leg than the other and that is called L channel and angle iron has both sides same length......but it looks like he is using angle iron instead of L channel.

• Like 1

actually he is calling it right there is a difference between the two, one has a longer leg than the other and that is called L channel and angle iron has both sides same length......

I've worked with a lot of different guys and never heard it called L channel. I'm sure you're right but where I'm from my shop teacher called it angle iron regardless, my boss is the same, all my coworkers use angle iron as the blanket term, even the local steel supplier lists both as angle iron just because that's what everyone uses when you call in an order. Good info to know though. Thanks man.

yes you are right, most people put it as the same but when a technical engineer asks what was put in XXX the answer must be right.....lol also many people do the same with I beam and H beam they look very close to the same...