Porter Cable 20v impact

Fazzman

Im even more impressed with this thing now. Used it to swap some tires on one of our rides. Removed the lugnuts easily. Not as good as a real cordless impact wrench But i have 2 of these things and gonna leave one setup for this task until i get a real one someday. Ive seen the youtube vids of folks doing this too.

If yall are looking for something good at a low price i recommend this one. ive had mine for several years now but never tried this until today. Only way this thing were better is a multi speed gearbox,I do have my eye on them new Dewalt brushless ones.

20160213_124024_zpsfwuhwgph.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah Im not sure about that as I dont have a torque wrench currently. It got stolen several years back and i never replaced it yet. I will have to borrow one from my dad one of these days to try it out.

then again things have changed, years ago tighter the better, now with these 18"-20" aluminum rims the torque rating is all different depending on company specs.....

then again things have changed, years ago tighter the better, now with these 18"-20" aluminum rims the torque rating is all different depending on company specs.....

Nowadays it is usually anywhere from 80 to 120 ft lbs. I know my dad says with his one ton, it's a 1980 Chevy, you have to let his air impact hit for four or five seconds or he said they would work loose. If you were to have a flat tire you would be screwed because they would be way too tight to remove with a breaker bar.

Love seeing PC on the scene. Would love to hear about their new nailers too.

Me too,I could use the brad nailer.  I think it was Chris McCabe who won that? Havent seen him around thou.

I have always been a fan of their routers.....

Yeah their routers are supposed to be some of the best,I have one on my list along with a colt.

Porter Cable 690 routers were a mainstay in my shop. I still have six or seven of them in my tool cabinets with extra bases set up in jigs or attached to router table inserts. Several three horse models as well, and most of the trimmers are also PC.

Good stuff no doubt

About 12 years ago, my parents fit me subscription for fine woodworking, and I remember this article on router kits, the one they liked the best was the porter cable 895pk so I thought I had to have a router, so what do you know, that Christmas, my dad got me a brand new 895PK, which was a huge deal for me at 16 years old!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ive imported PC 20v drill driver and impact to the uk and been using them every other day for 1.5 years and im very happy with them, better than i expected. I got them just for a change as everone i know (me inclueded) has Dewalt and Makita so i wanted to be different and its pointless somebody nicking them out my kit as they wont be able to get a charger without some effort.

I just wish the PC and DeWalt batteries we interchangeable. 

Yeah me too,I believe that has to do with how they program the Dewalt tools,Ive also heard the Black and Decker ones work fine you just have to shave down the tabs. 

luckily for me,I have a gob of batteries for this lineup by buying the kits at holiday time several years back,it was hard not to resist.  The only bummer was they didnt have a hammerdrill for this line at the time Thats another thing i need to get one of these days a hammer drill.

I read somewhere that there are just a couple tabs you need to cut off to make some of the Dewalt, Porter Cable, and Black and Decker batteries interchangeable.  I don't recall exactly which ones though.

The Dewalt batts wont work in that way because of how the tool circuitry is designed, the B&D work thou.