Delicious

jswoger1986

My wife said one of the main reasons she married me was because of how well I cook my steak. I grew up in a cooking family.

I know you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you anyway:

Start with a nice 1-1/2" Ribeye. Salt both sides and let it rest for about 20min. The salt will tenderizer the meat and it's important to bring the meat up to room temp.

Mix a spice rub that has a paprika (smoked) base, white pepper, powered: onion, garlic, mustard. Some select pepper spices and a little dark brown sugar.

Score the steak. Get a sharp knife & cut diagonals about 1/8" into the meat. Crisscrossing. Both sides. Then on the back-fatty ridge, cut vertical splines. The splines prevent the steak from twisting as it cooks. (Fat shrinks) and the crisscrossing cuts creates more surface area; and more charged goodness.

Now chop some garlic real small and shove it in the crisscrossing intersections. Drizzl olive oil on the steak (just a little) and rub the spice mix on both sides, working it I between all the cuts. Not a thick crust of spice though, it can overtake the natural flavor of the beef.

Preheat the BBQ. Make sure it's clean, the great & drip tray. You don't want flames. Oil the grill. Get that BBQ as hot as you can. 520 degrees is perfect.

Throw the meat on the grill and quickly close the lid. In two minutes turn the meat 45 degrees. This creates the crisscrossing char marks. Cook another 2 minutes then flip. This side shouldn't need to cook as long. 2 minutes, rotate 45 degrees, 1 1/2 minutes should do it.

Remove the meat, top with a little butter and lightly tent in foil. Let it rest about 15min. (It also continues to cook)

Then enjoy. Better then the overpriced steakhouses.

• Like 2

She has taken-up cast iron cooking. Makes unique dishes with cast iron and clay pots & pans. She's a great cook but a little on the healthy side. she bought me a massive camp stove for Xmas last year. We go Offroad or just interesting places and cook gourmet dishes, call it gorilla gourmet

If you would like some "kush" infused meat is be happy to help you out! Just watch out for them cows from Colorado.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But happy cows come from California  :)    Cali Kush beef,i can dig that.    My grandparents on my dads side are cattle ranchers from Switzerland.

• Like 1

I did a sousvid tri-tip best way to cook a steak 8dfcab16e0b51f0786e52c6d94774d0d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

i've seen one of these were the temps are exact same thru out the entire steak, never tried one as I don't eat steak but ya....