What is your go to tape measure?

Stercorarius

Funny you started this thread. Was just looking into picking up a new tape measure and was debating between the fatmax and the DeWalt. Any suggestions?

Can't go wrong with a Stanley, they're a staple in every tool belt. I can't speak for DeWalt, but they do have a pretty good reputation.
  • Like 1

I switched all Fatmax over to Lufkin Powercontrol Series. Does nobody like Lufkin anymore? Magnetic, self-centering tips, and the non pinch grip really makes the different.

But in all seriousness are your lufkins actually that good? If you can sell me on them I'll go buy a couple as I've never worked with one before. Never even seen one actually.

I like Stanley. Fatmax for long measures, Stanley levellock for everything else.

I've got a couple of Milwaukees and I'm trying to like them, but they just won't stay securely locked. I like everything else about them, but the break loose too easily.

I have a Stanely Leverlock that is close to I bet 25 years old and it's great, but starting to show it's age.