What is your go to tape measure?

Stercorarius

Just cleaned out my work duffel bag.... well, OK, I was trying desperately trying to find some allergy medication. I may have a problem...

D9178FC7-FCF9-4FC4-9789-E8E8EE6F3F5C_zps

This doesn't include the 25'er in my vest or the 12'er in my rain coat. Or the pile at home.

• Like 6

Just cleaned out my work duffel bag.... well, OK, I was trying desperately trying to find some allergy medication. I may have a problem...

D9178FC7-FCF9-4FC4-9789-E8E8EE6F3F5C_zpsntpzdwbw.jpg

This doesn't include the 25'er in my vest or the 12'er in my rain coat. Or the pile at home.

Meanwhile I just bought my third tape lol! Not the third I've ever owned, just that I now have three working ones

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Meanwhile I just bought my third tape lol! Not the third I've ever owned, just that I now have three working ones

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have a drawer with at least 6 tape measures. Plus however many more I have laying around in other places. But my go to is the Stanley Fat Max 16' and 25'. Probably close to a dozen or so tapes.

I have a couple of Tajima and Komelon tape measures. Both good value for the money. I never pay extra for a one with strong housing because that's never the cause of a broken unit for me, it's the ends that often break or it gets jammed up from rain water and sand/dirt in my cases.

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, StrippedScrew said:

Quick questions guys. Did Stanley get rid of the Hi vis tape on the Fatmax extreme for the normal yellow tape? Reason I ask is because I was in the store today waiting to be served and was looking at the tapes and it seems the hi vis green is gone? 

Interesting. Not the greatest but they were nice to have a few floating around for the price.

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2016 at 10:49 AM, Mattias Blomqvist said:

I have a couple of Tajima and Komelon tape measures. Both good value for the money. I never pay extra for a one with strong housing because that's never the cause of a broken unit for me, it's the ends that often break or it gets jammed up from rain water and sand/dirt in my cases.

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

I've use a couple of Komelons and they were pretty decent. There's just always a pile of 12 and 25' Lufkins around the office. 

I've use a couple of Komelons and they were pretty decent. There's just always a pile of 12 and 25' Lufkins around the office. 

For their price they are a no-brainer for me since I use my tape measures in all weather conditions, sand, dirt and even sometimes concrete gets stuck on it so I don't believe a premium model would last any longer anyways.

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have to say Milwaukee various lengths I have about 8 all over the shop......for some strange reason they all seem to gather on my computer desk in my office.....along with coffee cups.....seeings my coffee pot is upstairs in the kitchen I have a bad habit of grabbing a new cup when I walk past the pot.......

On 6/11/2016 at 2:43 PM, Foneguy said:

Go to ...... YELLOW .... DeWALT of course 

image.jpeg

Just a reminder to not trust that HF tape measure, it's off by about 3/8" over a foot or something like that. It's good for ball park measurements like "will it fit" but if you need to do anything else be careful.

• Like 1

That's the one that usually stays under the bathroom sink. The wife wants to see if furniture can be moved, she checks first.

Then we consider options.....

however I do like the end hook on the new Milwaukee ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My new go to tape measure. Fastcap pro carpenter. I like using metric and this has both on it. Very easy to read with imperial numbers too. I have a flat faced one I like a lot as well. But this one will be replacing my Milwaukee, kamelon, and lufkin. I think the price is around $8 too. I forgot it even has a pencil sharpener on it. 
56b4c8e2bb60047a44f05bf44372cbc1.jpg
17f774ac9e6c531914588d813fb66b25.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

My new go to tape measure. Fastcap pro carpenter. I like using metric and this has both on it. Very easy to read with imperial numbers too. I have a flat faced one I like a lot as well. But this one will be replacing my Milwaukee, kamelon, and lufkin. I think the price is around $8 too. I forgot it even has a pencil sharpener on it. 
56b4c8e2bb60047a44f05bf44372cbc1.jpg
17f774ac9e6c531914588d813fb66b25.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm buying this.

• Like 1

There was a time I was so cocky I didn't think I needed a tape measure, then old age started to take effect, eyes started to play tricks on me......thing was I found out I was never right to begin with.....lol

• Like 1