What is your go to tape measure?

Stercorarius

I have always been a 6' extension Lufkin rule guy (only used a tape when I really needed it) . But these days I see myself reaching for my Fat Max tape measures more often. I very rarely see my Dad reach for a tape measure he always carries a 6'rule with him where ever he goes.

My new go to tape measure. Fastcap pro carpenter. I like using metric and this has both on it. Very easy to read with imperial numbers too. I have a flat faced one I like a lot as well. But this one will be replacing my Milwaukee, kamelon, and lufkin. I think the price is around $8 too. I forgot it even has a pencil sharpener on it. 
56b4c8e2bb60047a44f05bf44372cbc1.jpg
17f774ac9e6c531914588d813fb66b25.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Where are these at? Menards?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where are these at? Menards?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got mine at cu woodshop here in town. I did see one fast cap tape measure at menards the other day but not that one exactly. Fast cap has a ton of different t ones to suit a lot of needs. They sell story pole ones as well to mark directly on the tape measure. My other one is a flat back imperial/metric that is great for wood working. My only complaint on it is the end needs to be bigger or the body needs less of an angle pulling the end off the work piece. I'll get a pic of that one in a few.

https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=112&idcategory=0

10 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Just Tom reiterate Rich, Fastcap makes awesome tapes. I've got like 5 or 6 of them with a variety of special purposes. The flat tapes are great. Awesome for laying out furniture cut lists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Board, door, chair, anorexic, blinds. Anyone else get the feeling they aren't in the target demographic?

I still would like to try and play with one just like the P-Touch label machine I got for christmas one year I swear everything in the house had some kind of label on it......

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rrich1 said:

I started looking at all three of those and the little tape measure tool that attaches to them. Fastcap's shipping is a killer though, I filled my cart to about $50 and they wanted $35 to ship them. I ended up buying one from Amazon. Will probably add both of these later.

I started looking at all three of those and the little tape measure tool that attaches to them. Fastcap's shipping is a killer though, I filled my cart to about $50 and they wanted $35 to ship them. I ended up buying one from Amazon. Will probably add both of these later.

Do you have a rockler near by? Not sure if woodcraft sells them or not. I wouldn't order from fast cap themselves. Always cheaper to find a retailer.

Just checked and acme sells them

1 minute ago, rrich1 said:

Do you have a rockler near by? Not sure if woodcraft sells them or not. I wouldn't order from fast cap themselves. Always cheaper to find a retailer.

There's one about an hour and a half away. I checked them too, the shipping was better but they didn't have everything I wanted. I think the autolock will be coming from them on Amazon when I order, it's the same price which is only $4 shipping. The flat back they have isn't standard/metric, it's the old style with just the inch and 1/16th dashes...I've kind of become used to the Lukin size markings, it just makes life easier.

There's one about an hour and a half away. I checked them too, the shipping was better but they didn't have everything I wanted. I think the autolock will be coming from them on Amazon when I order, it's the same price which is only $4 shipping. The flat back they have isn't standard/metric, it's the old style with just the inch and 1/16th dashes...I've kind of become used to the Lukin size markings, it just makes life easier.

Check acme tools they sell them there.