Hilti TE60

PaulE

anyone here use a hilti TE60, wondering if it is worth the money over the large bosch and makita's. I am entertaining buying a lightly used one, opposed to a new bosch.

im looking for a large rotary hammer for drilling 1"-1/ 1/2" holes. I have a coring drill for anything bigger then that.

I also need the SDS max chuck to work my ground rod attachment (my new TE800 would be perfect, but i don't want to buy another ground rod driver for that style chuck)

• Like 1

I currently have a hilti te 60 act avr, it's actually my second hilti te 60.

When we had a house fire I lost some tools an eventually replaced some. I didn't question weather or not to go with another hilti 60 for a combo hammer. Of the tools lost it was replaced rather quickly.

I have drilled 1 1/2 wholes before no issue. When I bought my second one the guy said its recommended to core up to 4". I myself have only ever done 3 9/16" as the biggest core I have done. I could see it doing more then 4" if needed but i have never done it. For chipping it's great as well.

Size/weight is well it's a rotary hammer not a 12 volt driver, don't expect to comfortably hold it all day everyday. It feels good in the hands for what it is, but again it's not a 12 volt driver. Vibration is there but very reasonable an less then competitors models I have used.

I have yet to use dust extraction with mine but from what I know it has accessories for it avaible.

The initial investment with hilti is a lot compared to the compition. However your getting a quality tool. You probably won't replace it every couple months either. There service in support is said to be good even thoe I have yet to need it. So yes it's expensive at first but it's worth it if you depend upon your tools.

• 2 weeks later...

my experience with hilti has been nothing but the best.

i own

a few dx guns

2- gx120s

1- awr3000 jack hammer

1-te7 sds plus

awr 800

a hilti DCM II coring rig

1- te60

all have held up to any abuse we can throw at them. T

• Like 1