M12 mechanic mini-series - oztooltalk review

dwain

Hey all,

I will post each video in oztooltalk's M12 mechanic / auto series in the thread, for those interested. The latest video will always be at the top of this post.

The tools for review are:

• 3/8" Ratchet
  • FUEL 3/8" Wrench (still to come)
  • FUEL Drill (still to come)
  • Sander / polisher
  • Rotary Tool (still to come)
  • Mspector camera
  • Stick light
  • Jobsite radio
  • Multi-charger
  • USB Charger

And the Jobsite Radio, USB Charger and 4-Bay Sequential Charger.

And now the Mspector (inspection camera) and Stick Light!

Next up, the Sander / Polisher:

First up, the 3/8" Ratchet!

• Like 4

Always had good experience with mine!

Are ratchets measured as 1/4" 3/8" 1/2" etc the world over even in metric places?

Yes, everywhere in the world I think, the drive is measures as 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", 1", etc. I don't mind that, as long as the bolts and sockets are metric...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2016 at 6:05 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Always had good experience with mine!

Are ratchets measured as 1/4" 3/8" 1/2" etc the world over even in metric places?

The German tool catalog I have downloaded (Hazet) calls them 6.3mm, 10mm, and 12.5mm.

Which is, of course, 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2". LOL

Good videos as usual, Dwain, at least the only one I've watched so far, the ratchet. I'll get to the others after some garage clean up time. One question, though. In Europe, it seems like most mechanics/techs skip over 3/8" drive tools and use mostly 1/4" and 1/2", where in the US 3/8" is by far the most popular. How is it in OZ?

6 hours ago, BK13 said:

Good videos as usual, Dwain, at least the only one I've watched so far, the ratchet. I'll get to the others after some garage clean up time. One question, though. In Europe, it seems like most mechanics/techs skip over 3/8" drive tools and use mostly 1/4" and 1/2", where in the US 3/8" is by far the most popular. How is it in OZ?

Thanks BK! Hmm I don't have a good feel for what the pros are doing really. Many of the sets sold here are combination sets, containing 1/4" + 3/8". There are even some 3/8" + 1/2" sets, though not as common. I'd say 3/8" is still a strong line in Oz...

• 1 month later...