Dewalt demolition screwdrivers

Conductor562

A couple months back I caught a glimpse of a new set of striking screwdrivers from Klein. I remember thinking what a great idea this was because nothing about knocking the perforations out of metal conduit or boxes with a $25 screwdriver is fun. I've been watching the Klein section at HD for them but I've yet to see one. However, when I was there today with the wife assessing how much it's going to cost me to replace the appliances I melted I did notice a set of comparable Dewalt screwdrivers. Rather than incorporate punch capability into their screwdriver as Klein did, Dewalt seems to have incorporated screwdriver capability into a cold chisel. The handles were hard resin type and though they still seemed fairly comparable. Rest assured these things were built tough. You should have no reservations what so ever about beating open a bank vault with them. Props to Dewalt for their spin on the concept.

Many many of the tools you guys see branded as Dewalt in the U.S are exactly the same as the Stanley branded tools over here.

But there are times when we get say a Dewalt range of tough boxes on a trolley and also a Stanley tote box with wheels so they compete in the same market which although they are different in design they still compete for the same customer a lot which is strange. :rolleyes:

Many many of the tools you guys see branded as Dewalt in the U.S are exactly the same as the Stanley branded tools over here.

But there are times when we get say a Dewalt range of tough boxes on a trolley and also a Stanley tote box with wheels so they compete in the same market which although they are different in design they still compete for the same customer a lot which is strange. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter what the label says, same guys are getting paid for the tools, they're just trying to get more of your money....

Wait until Stanleys FatMax power tools become more widely available.

stanley.jpg

Now these I have not seen over here yet.

We can't get them here either, so don't feel bad.

Where did you bump into those at?

I don't really remember, but they had been on a bunch of blogs a couple of years ago, along with a lot of speculation, on if or when they might be released.