Reputation Poll

Eric - TIA

You may have noticed the reputation on the right side of a post.  We have a couple of different options and just wanted to get everyone feedback.  We have a couple of different ways to set it up - See pictures

You can see what we currently have, but the other options.  Let me know your thoughts if you even want this feature or you really don't care.

The top one gives a like and the name who likes it.  The other ones are just thumbs up or down, or just positive thumbs up or just negative thumbs

Capture.PNG

On most forums I'd like the negative button but not here. So I agree with everyone else, let's keep it positive...we're getting an influx of new members and I'd like to keep the same positive tone as the forum grows, this isn't a forum of individuals it's a community of friends. When we disagree, we listen to eachother's viewpoints and accept that not everyone is going to feel the same on all subjects, we don't fight like children.

• Like 2

On most forums I'd like the negative button but not here. So I agree with everyone else, let's keep it positive...we're getting an influx of new members and I'd like to keep the same positive tone as the forum grows, this isn't a forum of individuals it's a community of friends. When we disagree, we listen to eachother's viewpoints and accept that not everyone is going to feel the same on all subjects, we don't fight like children.

Yea this place really is great you won't find many other online communities like this.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Jimbo, if I were you, I would stay away from any site with names like garage journal or garage troll. And after my recent shitty experience with a site, I say, stay here where its safe. We treat each other with respect here, and we help each other out. Anywhere else, your liable to get whooplash from verbal assault. On the other site I used text of a different color, I received an internet whooping. So I literally said this out loud after..... One sin miner and my whole life is a living black hole. :'(

Yeah dude its stupid, really is I mean were all people right? I pop on there from time to time they have a lot of good deal postings but I have no desire to participate in any of their conversations, I stick to TIA for that!

In the scale model world, there are basically 2 sites that cover all types of modeling, one that is run by a corporation and one that is run by a community like this one, I'm sure you can guess which one I post at the most lol.  I like how when folks don't agree with a certain idea or tool, that we all still respect each other, and don't turn it into a negative hate fest.  I like the friendly banter between Team Yellow and Team Red lol. So yeah, just the thumbs up is cool with me.

• Like 1

Awesome, we will leave it as is.  Thanks for setting it straight.  I have to admit, I have never been to Garage Journal.  I have had a lot of people tell me it's not to friendly.  I get enough people being a**holes to me in everyday life walking around.  I don't need another beat down online.  Again I have never been over there, just from what people have told me.