Big Thanks To Wigwag.......

comp56

just a heads up, for whatever reason for the past week I could not get to the forum or site from my desktop computer. A big thanks goes to wigwag for suggesting I get a new modem from my provider, upped my bandwidth from 50mb's to 60mb's and a new modem all is well back in full force....salute wigwag.....

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, comp56 said:

just a heads up, for whatever reason for the past week I could not get to the forum or site from my desktop computer. A big thanks goes to wigwag for suggesting I get a new modem from my provider, upped my bandwidth from 50mb's to 60mb's and a new modem all is well back in full force....salute wigwag.....

Good to have ya back Comp!!

• Like 2

Happy I could help Comp!  I been in the computer world for a long time, and the exact some thing happened to me. With so many devices online now, the WWW ran out of IP addresses, thus the possibility of getting a new IP, that was blacklisted actually happens a lot. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

WOW Comp, who would have thought bandwith was an actual issue for getting on the forum. And even more wild, that the fix was replacing your cable modem! Has anyone gone through the process of buying their own modem and switching a leased Comcast modem? I've heard good experiences and bad experiences with making the switch. The reason to switch is that you save yourself 120 dollars per year in modem rental fees by having your own.

The problem is, they arn't simply plug and play ready to go modem's. You got to hook up the new one, call Comcast, give them numbers off the unit, and have them activate the service for that modem, they call it provisioning. Some says the process went smooth no worries, other's said they had a hell of a time getting it done. And sometimes Comcast will treat a modem you bought and own as one of their own and continue to charge a lease fee cause their greedy fu****.

Yes, we purchased our own modem, and at the time it was a pain, but that was years ago.  I just set one up for the in-laws, and it went smooth, but we have TWC in our area. All we have now is internet, no cable boxes, and no there leased stuff, so when we do have trouble with our internet, they seem to take their sweet time, compared to when we had everything and paying $300/Month

@protoolnut it was nothing to do with bandwidth my old modem had a looping ip that was not matching tia forum website address in order to get passed this a new modem was needed my provider was going to fix it but I didnt want to wait. The new modem just fixed the issue by the way it was plug and play hooked it up and bingo 

On 2/27/2016 at 1:16 PM, PROTOOLNUT said:

WOW Comp, who would have thought bandwith was an actual issue for getting on the forum. And even more wild, that the fix was replacing your cable modem! Has anyone gone through the process of buying their own modem and switching a leased Comcast modem? I've heard good experiences and bad experiences with making the switch. The reason to switch is that you save yourself 120 dollars per year in modem rental fees by having your own.

The problem is, they arn't simply plug and play ready to go modem's. You got to hook up the new one, call Comcast, give them numbers off the unit, and have them activate the service for that modem, they call it provisioning. Some says the process went smooth no worries, other's said they had a hell of a time getting it done. And sometimes Comcast will treat a modem you bought and own as one of their own and continue to charge a lease fee cause their greedy fu****.

I know Dan bought a new modem because he was tired of renting it and spending the money.  As far as I know he likes it.  I know you have to call them and tell them to take their modem and shove it up their a** and stop charging ridiculous fees.

• Like 1