Notifications

JimboS1ice

Yo!

so when you follow somebody you receive a notification every time that person posts, wondering if you can disable that. I love you all but my phone is blowing up all day when those guys that I "follow" post without liking or quoting of my posts. I read every new post throughout the day so at least for me I don't want a notification everyone someone posts, it seems through Tapatalk either I get notifications or I don't so there's no middle ground and I still want notifications when I've been quoted or a comment has been liked. 

Yo!

so when you follow somebody you receive a notification every time that person posts, wondering if you can disable that. I love you all but my phone is blowing up all day when those guys that I "follow" post without liking or quoting of my posts. I read every new post throughout the day so at least for me I don't want a notification everyone someone posts, it seems through Tapatalk either I get notifications or I don't so there's no middle ground and I still want notifications when I've been quoted or a comment has been liked. 

Yes if you are using Tapatalk goto setings. You can turn off updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

I can try that, I know when you go on the main site and you follow someone the notification thing pops up but you if you disable it you don't get any notifications period, I'll try that though but I'm thinking it might be an actual forum setting Eric can adjust.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guys I'd love to help out but I had to get talked into how to find the new members so I can prune spammers!!!! I downloaded tap a talk to my iPad last night but haven't even tried it yet. Heck, I just found out if I hold my iPad in landscape mode I can actually see a lot more of this new forum layout with notifications and everything as opposed to portrait mode! Yeah.....technology. If it ain't an Xbox I'm useless!

• Like 2

Guys I'd love to help out but I had to get talked into how to find the new members so I can prune spammers!!!! I downloaded tap a talk to my iPad last night but haven't even tried it yet. Heck, I just found out if I hold my iPad in landscape mode I can actually see a lot more of this new forum layout with notifications and everything as opposed to portrait mode! Yeah.....technology. If it ain't an Xbox I'm useless!

Hey Chris, can you pm me i have some questions

A happy life is one that involves tools as often as possible

www.frontinoconstruction.com

Guys I believe that did the trick, under method of you click one email per day with all new content from that day you will still get quote and like notifications but not from every time someone you follow posts!!

Jimbo

• Like 2

Personally I like the new notification system, I get more out of it then you do. With the old forum, I had to actually go to it and search around to find the new post, or look at my content to look for new posts. Now, if someone posts a reply, likes a post I made, I get an instant notification to my email about it. Then when I click on the link in my email, it takes me directly to the post, I really like that feature.

Communicating on the forum is supposed to be fun, but its not fun for me if I have to search the whole forum for new posts. So IMHO, this new forum has a lot going for it in terms of important features that I can utilize and take advantage of. So thanks goes to Eric for his awesome job with the upgrade. And thanks also goes to Dan for finally chiming in and speaking with the crew, I needed my Dan fix LOL! [emoji3]

I love the notifications but it didn't get along very good with Tapatalk, every time you would post, because I follow you I would get a push notification on my phone and it was constantly going off... Killed my phone battery

Through out the day I always check the unread tab on Tapatalk to make sure I get every post read anyways so at least in my case the notification was redundant. Loving the new forum I love the notifications in the computer web page far superior and more live than the old system.

This was a great move!

Jimbo

• Like 2

Sorry about the late response.  I am going through the update right now.  Are you guys still having a problem?  You can set your notifications if you go to the top of this page and click on the bell.   A window will pop up and on the top right, you can click on notifications settings.  You will go to a page like Jimbo posted.  Let me know. if you are still having problems.  My phone is blowing up from Tapatalk.  I just haven't messed with any of the setting on that yet because I just want to make sure the upgrade is going OK.   Keep me posted and can change what you guys need.

Sorry about the late response.  I am going through the update right now.  Are you guys still having a problem?  You can set your notifications if you go to the top of this page and click on the bell.   A window will pop up and on the top right, you can click on notifications settings.  You will go to a page like Jimbo posted.  Let me know. if you are still having problems.  My phone is blowing up from Tapatalk.  I just haven't messed with any of the setting on that yet because I just want to make sure the upgrade is going OK.   Keep me posted and can change what you guys need.

No that simple fix worked Eric, I only get push notifications from a quotes or likes now

Jimbo