Roller boxes

Conductor562

I've outgrown my base model roller box and it's time for a tall boy. I've been looking around and as bad as it pains me to say it, I'm leaning toward the one from Harbor Freight. You get a lot of box for $1,000 and I'm definitely not going to pay $4,000 - $5,000 dollars for a big Snap-On box or something like that. I don't need a cabinet for power tools or any crap like that because they wouldn't all come close to fitting in there anyway. Anyone got any input or past experience with these boxes? I'm not one of these morons expecting world class quality for Harbor Freight prices, just looking for something sufficient for tool storage.

If you would like to think of an option that may be able to carry a few power tools, Knaack has a couple of options that might fit your bill. I really like to work from rolling workbenches both onsite and around my own shop. Their Model 112 jobmaster Cabinet with drawers works well for both hand and power tools. You are talking lifetime investment ($$$$) with these options though.

I keep telling myself that it is after all only a tool box. I checked it out and it seemed really sturdy, I'm just a little leary of Harbor Freight. I'm really particular about tools and every time I've bought something there it's been something I thought even the sweatiest sweat shop in some far off Chinese province couldn't screw up. Each time I have been very wrong. My level of intelligence does not afford me the vocabulary nessecary to effectively describe the methods by which Harbor Freight has undermined even the most basic aspects of the manufacturing process. They should be given an award for the time, skill, and pure innovation, they've employed to cut corners other never realized existed. Your chances of walking out of Harbor Freight with a quality item are roughly the same as finding the actual formula for Coca-Cola written on a shithouse wall at a Bojangles in Arkansas.That being said, I have had things from Harbor Freight that I was happy with. I have a 30 ft. extension cord reel that mounts on the ceiling that as of 1:42 a.m. Tuesday July 10, 2012 has yet to set fire or cause any electrical damage to my house. I also have a punch and chisel set that while of obviously weak construction, has been sufficient for the price.

I keep telling myself that it is after all only a tool box. I checked it out and it seemed really sturdy, I'm just a little leary of Harbor Freight.

I would be wary of the drawer slides wearing out. pot metal bearings/sliders may seem ok in the store but out in the real world will die a quick death, leaving you with sticky drawers that are prone to jamming.

There are a bunch of people that have compiled lists of good and bad tools from Harbor Freight. GIYF "list of good harbor freight tools"