Bad News For California, Good News for Sawstop

PutnamEco

• 2 weeks later...

I heard they are trying to get that to pass for all of the states. So let me get this straight. The government is going to try and protect me from cutting my fingers off when I don't want this technology. On the other hand they are going to force me to buy lights with Mercury in them starting in 2013.

I heard they are trying to get that to pass for all of the states. So let me get this straight. The government is going to try and protect me from cutting my fingers off when I don't want this technology. On the other hand they are going to force me to buy lights with Mercury in them starting in 2013.

Re: Mercury

The mercury in the lights will be offset by the the mercury that won't be released into the atmosphere from the extra power required to light incandescent lights.

So many safety "features" have been met with opposition when they first came out that are taken for granted today. Seat belts, air bags, blade guards on circular saws, etc. How many of those have you wanted? Where should we draw the line on what is going to far in the name of safety?

Do we really want a society where we are so dependant on safety devices that soon brick walls and lampposts will be required to have air bags to prevent our brainwashed, common senseless, corporate controlled, vote now by phone for the next star, please step away from the squirrel Sir it may contain nuts, can't decide for ourselves bodies from bumping into them??????

LOL I know not all British humour goes down well in the U.S but come on guys this is a great innovation in safety, but it MUST be backed up by training folks how to use these things,and accepting that there will be some arsehole who slits his wrist with a utility knife while opening the box with his nice safe saw in.

But on a grim note with our hearts going out to the victims and families of this terrible incident.

When we live in a world where some loon can buy a gun and walk into a cinema and open up on the audience with an assault rifle,smoke grenades and a pistol. I think there are much more pressing matters of safety that all our governments should be working on.

Do we really want a society where we are so dependant on safety devices that soon brick walls and lampposts will be required to have air bags to prevent our brainwashed, common senseless, corporate controlled, vote now by phone for the next star, please step away from the squirrel Sir it may contain nuts, can't decide for ourselves bodies from bumping into them??????

LOL I know not all British humour goes down well in the U.S

People resist change, especially if it comes at a cost. How many people would choose to have even seat belts in their cars. If all other things being equal, tell me you wouldn't choose a safer tool?

but come on guys this is a great innovation in safety, but it MUST be backed up by training folks how to use these things,

Accidents do happen to even the best trained people. It is often the most experienced people who appreciate the extra safety features the most. How many newbie woodworker do you think are buying Sawstops?

and accepting that there will be some arsehole who slits his wrist with a utility knife while opening the box with his nice safe saw in

I'm staring to see safety knives being required on some properties....