DeWalt DCH213 20v Max cordless & Hilti TE 30-C corded SDS Rotary Hammers

Moze

The Dewalt kit isn't cheap by any means, but at almost $700 for the Hilti I'll take the Dewalt every time. Regardless of how good they are, Hilti is not intended for working people to buy.

Well, if my experience counts for anything, I would say if your using them daily, the Dewalt will be lucky to last a year, while the Hilti will keep going for three. When the Dewalt breaks down, you will end up with your tool out of service for a month or more while the service center orders parts, while if the Hilti breaks down you will walk out of the service center either with your tool working or a loaner tool to use for a couple or three days until your original tool is repaired. You are also a lot more likely to have a Hilti rep come to your job site and pick up your tool for repair then you will to have anybody from Dewalt ever showing up. So, I would have to say that Hilti are for people who make their living with tools, Dewalt is for those who can afford back up tools or can afford to be out of work while they wait on repairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Fred,

As long as folks are happy with what they buy then Happy Days. :)

Over in the U.K Hilti are more on fleet meaning the company or the tradesman pays a monthly fee to have the tool for a set period.

With full back up e.t.c but it is more for the guys on very good money.

• 7 months later...

Most individuals don't buy Hilti largely because of the outrageous prices. They're business is on big time sites. Government jobs, and jobs with 10 or 12 figure price tags. They don't want to sell you a tool, they want to sell you a system. Make no mistake, their tools are some of the finest made and their service is A+, but they're just not economically feasible for individuals and small contractors. In most cases people using Hilti tools are doing so at the companies expense.   

I think Hilti is as good as it gets. I have a couple of Hilti tools but I've had my Dewalts for years now and have never had a problem. Just blow them out and keep them semi clean and you wont have a problem. Don,t get me wrong if I had money to throw away I would buy Hilti but since I have to work for my money I'll buy Dewalt.  

Yeahh i have been pretty happy with my DeWalt stuff so far. Do You guys have all of one brand or do you mix and match?

For cordless I buy strictly Milwaukee. I like having everything running on the same batteries and charger, plus I can add bare tools for a fraction of the cost of a kit. Many people have 2 lines running, but I've never had the right motivation to do it. If there were a Makita or Dewalt tool that was so many leaps and bounds ahead of the Milwaukee version that it justified the price of another kit I'd not be opposed to it, but I've never found that to be the case. As for corded tools, I have Milwaukee, Makita, Ridgid, Porter Cable, Dewalt, Delta, B&D, and even Ryobi. Pretty much everything except Bosch. No reason to limit yourself to 1 brand of corded tools. I typically give Milwaukee first look, but sometimes the just don't have exactly what I want.

For cordless I buy strictly Milwaukee. I like having everything running on the same batteries and charger, plus I can add bare tools for a fraction of the cost of a kit. Many people have 2 lines running, but I've never had the right motivation to do it. If there were a Makita or Dewalt tool that was so many leaps and bounds ahead of the Milwaukee version that it justified the price of another kit I'd not be opposed to it, but I've never found that to be the case. As for corded tools, I have Milwaukee, Makita, Ridgid, Porter Cable, Dewalt, Delta, B&D, and even Ryobi. Pretty much everything except Bosch. No reason to limit yourself to 1 brand of corded tools. I typically give Milwaukee first look, but sometimes the just don't have exactly what I want.

Thanks for the info! 

• 3 weeks later...