Best Stud Finder?

T75R

What's up crew! So I was looking in HD and also Amazon obviously and came across a few stud finders that look pretty good. Before I go and buy one though you guys know I need your opinion! So, what is your go to stud finder? Is electric better than magnetic? Let me know what you guys think

Pretty sure they read density of objects being scanned. it will tell you what size the object its scanning is by how many lights are lit up.  What makes the Franklins so nice is the amount of sensors it has.  All the el cheapo single sensor ones out there are useless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no doubt the Franklin is a good stud finder.  A couple years ago, I was about to buy one off Amazon.  When you are on the page, they show some other options.  They do this for everything.  I saw the CH Hanson magnetic stud finder.  That's the one I got.

There are a couple reasons.  My stuff stays in the truck or trailer.  Batteries die.  I have 2 electrical testers laying on my desk right now, waiting for batteries.  With the magnetic one, it is always ready to go.

I have to say, this is the best magnetic stud finder I've ever seen.  Also, everyone I work with and all subs.  The magnets are really strong.  When you lightly slide the stud finder over the wall, it literally pulls out of your hand when you cross over a nail.  Obviously it works best on drywall.  It does work on veneer plaster, just not as good.  When I say it doesn't work as good, it still works perfectly.

They were about $10 then.  After the first one, I bought several and give them away.  You can't go wrong with this stud finder.

• Like 3