Knipex Video

JimboS1ice

Yeah it looks like the k isn't silent. On the videos where the Germans say it it is literally pronounced knipex. There is almost no "uh" to the "kuhnipex". I'm guessing the founder just called it what the sound effect of his pliers cutting something sounded like.

I thought it was nigh-pex but as mentioned the proper pronunciation is kuh-nipex. Nice video. My 10" pliers wrench just came in today to match the 7" (as well as 10 and 7 Cobras). My go-to brand for quality hand tools made in a first world country that don't murder my wallet.

• Like 1

From a German, he said it should be pronounced Kanee-pex, sort of like Ka-Knee-pex but only two syllables. Though it seems that there are a few different German pronunciations, maybe the accent makes it sound different.

What I find weird is that Wiha is pronounced Vee-ha, like you'd imagine. But Wera seems to want to be called wear-a in North America, at least.

9 hours ago, 99_XC600 said:

I just call them "The Shit" because that's what they are.

I love the Cobras, they are my go to tool as of late.

Exactly. When I grab a pair in my hand and seek to put it to use, I watch it turn into a sword forged in the fires of Greece in my mind as I fear that I'll accidentally forget I don't have the pulsing blood of Leonidas... and kick random people over parking curbs while screaming SPARTAAAAAAA!!!

• Like 3

On 3/11/2016 at 11:40 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Exactly. When I grab a pair in my hand and seek to put it to use, I watch it turn into a sword forged in the fires of Greece in my mind as I fear that I'll accidentally forget I don't have the pulsing blood of Leonidas... and kick random people over parking curbs while screaming SPARTAAAAAAA!!!

lol, That's awesome!

I hope they don't have a lot of sinkholes around where you live. I can see the police report now "local man arrested for kicking citizens into sinkholes while wielding a pair of Knipex pliers and yelling this is Sparta and Tools In Action!"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kruton said:

I hope they don't have a lot of sinkholes around where you live. I can see the police report now "local man arrested for kicking citizens into sinkholes while wielding a pair of Knipex pliers and yelling this is Sparta and Tools In Action!"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lol. Nah, live on an island...fossilized coral is as hard as concrete. Digging holes is a bitch here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

"THIS IS KUHNIPEX!!!!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This message brought to you by Gerard Butler. Visit your local Sparta for all your ass kicking and wrenching needs*.

*Medieval apparel sold separately. 

gerard-butler.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...