Dewalt Brushless Drywall Screwgun

JimboS1ice

Nice vid. I love that gun. I had the same problem with slamming them sideways too at first. I would love to try the collated attachment because I drop screws like no other when I do ceilings. I leave it spinning almost always. The runtime on that thing is enough that your other 2.0 will be charged well before your current one dies.

1 hour ago, rossi7x said:

I love this Gun, and the Collated attachment is second to none... 

That guy turns up everywhere...lol ;)

I like the DCF620, but my only complaint is the forward/reverse switch. I'm a lefty and have found myself accidentally putting it in reverse by the way I'm holding the gun. 

Might shorten the switch so it doesn't happen. Reverse is a bit of a pain anyway because you still have to engage the clutch. But very nice tool nonetheless and best with a 2.0Ah for size/weight.

• Like 2

Here is my write up from the TIA web Site

DeWalt DCF620 and DCF6201 Attachment

About a month ago, I received the DeWalt DCF620 20v MAX- XR Li-Ion Brushless Drywall Screw gun as a gift and have been using it as my go to screw gun. The first thing that caught my attention was the grip. It fits nicely in your hand and that makes it comfortable to use all day.  The Nosecone locks on securely with just a twist and is easily removed while maintaining consistent screw depth and bit changes are a breeze.  The brushless motor is smooth and gives you maximum run time. It has an LED light in the base that comes in handy in low light corners.

What really makes the DCF620 shine is the Optional collated magazine attachment (DCF6201). It attaches easy to the DCF620, just twist off the nosecone and pop in the long bit and slip on the DCF 6201. I have run about a bucket of collated screws through it so far without any problems.

The DCF620 weighs in at 2.4lbs and the DCF621 weighs about 1lb. I use DeWalt’s DCB203 2.0 Ah high capacity battery packs so you have about 4.5lbs of tool in your hand. That fact that you no longer have to drag a cord around and you are not tripping over it a big plus.

This may not be for the average homeowner or DIY but if you are a contractor or getting ready to do that major dry wall job, you should give the DCF620 a serious look.

dcf621.jpgdcf620.jpg

• Like 5

I was fixing to start a big remodel that involved a lot of drywall (on hold for now) on an older home and this was definitely going to be on the list.  How is the availability of the screw strips?  pretty interchangeable with off the shelf stuff?  I have never really paid a lot of attention to these things as i never considered it before

I was fixing to start a big remodel that involved a lot of drywall (on hold for now) on an older home and this was definitely going to be on the list.  How is the availability of the screw strips?  pretty interchangeable with off the shelf stuff?  I have never really paid a lot of attention to these things as i never considered it before

I don't have the collet but I'm sure that you can use any screw strips I'd think they are fairly universal, you can get buckets of them at HD.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jimbo, nice video on the Dewalt screwgun. Last time I checked the collet was around $100. Pretty sure if you looked around YOU could find it for less lol. And Regopit, that was a nice write up you had done on the Dewalt screwgun. You guys should do a calabo, Rego write the script, and Jimbo shoot the video. Thanks guys.